Woodhead Road Run

Is Anyone on tnuk doing the run this Sunday ?

Dan Punchard:

Off to sunny Devon for a week Dan

OK, I’ll bite, seeing as you’re determined to drag the Photographic Support Unit all the way over th’Woodhead! :unamused:
What time & where, Dan?

Found this on flickr dont know if it helps ROF.

For those travelling to the start point at STC and coming over Woodhead -we will be gathering at around 8.30 in the big layby by the Pylons and Rail Tunnels, and then making our way to STC.

A reminder to those not Sure how to get to STC (Gareth Hardys Yard) Come off at J3 off the M57 and turn right if coming from Woodhead or Left from the Manchester end.

Turn Right at the Second set of Lights AFTER Suzuki on the right.
Then Turn first Left which is almost straight away, theres a Brown sign saying Village Hotel -Follow that and Turn left earlier on the A627 or go to the Hotel and Turn left there -that leads to the Industrial estate

15301003526_584b27ebf3.jpg

Thanks, John. If I get lost I’ll know who to blame.
Will you be attending with the Box Brownie?

Stanfield:
A reminder to those not Sure how to get to STC (Gareth Hardys Yard) Come off at J3 off the M57

Think you mean the M67?

STC Hyde depot is SK14 4QY.

ROF Hopefully i will be there somewhere and Ian G you are quite correct it is the M67.

I hadn’t spotted that! No wonder I was never in the police. :unamused:

What’s the full route?

Thanks

It will be Starting From STC SK14 4QY at Hyde around 11.00-30 and taking the M67 for a short distance before joining the A628 which is the Woodhead Route and then at ‘The Flouch’ Roundabout taking the A616 to Stocksbridge,
Thorpes Trailer yard is just after the Dual Carridgeway where you turn left down the hill and under a Bridge turn left again and its on that lane.

Back in th’good old days when I was gainfully employed I used to deliver steel from Hall & Pickles at Poynton to a firm at the rear of Thorpe’s yard. On the way over I would regularly meet one of Thorpe’s lorries coming from their yard to make a delivery at H&P, Poynton.
Ain’t the British road transport system wonderful?

Stanfield:
It will be Starting From STC SK14 4QY at Hyde around 11.00-30 and taking the M67 for a short distance before joining the A628 which is the Woodhead Route and then at ‘The Flouch’ Roundabout taking the A616 to Stocksbridge,
Thorpes Trailer yard is just after the Dual Carridgeway where you turn left down the hill and under a Bridge turn left again and its on that lane.

Thanks John

Dan Punchard:

If I can get a wife sitter I will have a run down,Regards Larry.

Apparently there’s 60 lorries and a cafe is opening especially at the finish point ,I’ve not done it before so hopefully I’ll see some lorries that I don’t normally see .

where were you last sunday at the winking man ? met your deputy , very nice chap . stirred a few memories and met a few old friends and made new ones . cheers , dave

Just arrived back after taking a few snaps. Brilliant turn-out, great weather and a whole load of different lorries to look at. I suspect others may like to post pics of the start & finish so I’ll put a few on that I caught half way over the pass.

IMG_1249.JPG

And a few more…

It was at about this time that I realised that I hadn’t reset the camera after taking shots at the start in Hyde. Hopefully the rest should be a little clearer :blush:

Woodhead Run 2014 at langsett

All pictures at link below

https://picasaweb.google.com/105900124746505960327/WoodheadRun2014?authuser=0&feat=directlink

And even more…

Not forgetting the all-important Service Vehicle…

002.JPG
003.JPG

Ive just got back myself ROF, Cracking turn plus the sun shon upon them, I took a few photos too, Regards Larry.