Witnessed a bridge strike today

Dropped pin
Near A620, Retford DN22 9NH
goo.gl/maps/TJSfB5kzBpr

The dopey idiot was only unit high, but said to my missus he ain’t getting under a 12’6” bridge. Sure enough he hits it. Only just enough to catch the very top bit of plastic. He’s then out his cab looking all nervous. Queue of cars (witnesses) in both directions. I just overtook him and carried. No sympathy for the prat. Its well signed in advance, even had dangly chains. Why do these total bellends do it?

Just to add he looked about 50, English number plate :open_mouth: , no livery so I reckon an owner driver trying to save a bit of diesel.

$$$:
Just to add he looked about 50, English number plate :open_mouth: , no livery so I reckon an owner driver trying to save a bit of diesel.

Don’t tar the owner drivers chap. The bulk of the bell ends are, unfortunately paid drivers probably like yourself, and no, I don’t need to save some diesel, there’s more than enough profit in the job for me to go the long way round.

$$$:

Pictures ■■

adie5:

$$$:

Don’t tar the owner drivers chap. The bulk of the bell ends are, unfortunately paid drivers probably like yourself, and no, I don’t need to save some diesel, there’s more than enough profit in the job for me to go the long way round.

+1 ,it was probably another employed driver with the weight of the world on his shoulders,worrying about which sat nav to buy ,or was on the phone to his wife or the union because he’d been asked to do over a 13 hr day :laughing:

Most tractor units I’ve driven don’t have the height of the unit marked up, so if you happen to be driving bobtail it can be discerning if you have to drive under any bridge

adie5:

$$$:

I’m not tarring owner drivers, I’ve got a lot of admiration for them having the balls to do it. I’m just saying I think it was an owner driver because it was an old unit with no livery.

bald bloke:

$$$:

Pictures ■■

No. I guess it’d be on the sd on my dash cam but can’t be bothered to look.

what a very boring and uninteresting thread … think I’ll go headbutt the wall :unamused:

raymundo:
what a very boring and uninteresting thread … think I’ll go headbutt the wall :unamused:

Yeah the thread would have been a lot more interesting if the video had been put up or even a photo or two .

$$$:
Dropped pin
Near A620, Retford DN22 9NH
goo.gl/maps/TJSfB5kzBpr

The dopey idiot was only unit high, but said to my missus he ain’t getting under a 12’6” bridge. Sure enough he hits it. Only just enough to catch the very top bit of plastic. He’s then out his cab looking all nervous. Queue of cars (witnesses) in both directions. I just overtook him and carried. No sympathy for the prat. Its well signed in advance, even had dangly chains. Why do these total bellends do it?

So he got under the chains, then scrapped the underside of the bridge,… I use to do exactly the same a few years ago,when driving a rigid, dump the air squeeze under, saved going round,then getting to the drop to look at said bridge, goading me. No nuns were hurt or Bunnie’s squished.

peirre:
Most tractor units I’ve driven don’t have the height of the unit marked up, so if you happen to be driving bobtail it can be discerning if you have to drive under any bridge

Will still have a height marker in the cab, which should be set correctly at all times. Good news if the tractor unit has no lights or other ■■■■ above the roof line it will be under 4 metres as a rule.

Dave…

Always amuses me because the alternative route has a weight limit!

I almost did other day in Yorkshire someware. Car transporter he slammed his brakes on just before the bridge .

He got.pur checked looked up cars beeping there horns.
I got out watched him under had about 2 inch spare