With a heavy heart!

I’ve been around wagons since I was 12 years old. Driven em, run em, owned em, fixed em, bought and sold em ! I have, as they say " Diesel in my veins"
I recently sold some machinery to a contact in Germany and having done the deal we came to the subject of transport and who would organise it, me or him. We agreed to get the best quote and see who would make the “10%”
I had about 24 loads which needed to go in 3, 8 load installments every week for 3 weeks.
I was quoted per load, Manchester- Karlsruhe £2250, £2150 and £1750 (unaccompanied). Although I no longer run wagons I thought I may rent one for a month and do some myself.

My colleague obtained one quote and only one quote from LKW.
850 Euros per load
That’s £680 at todays rate for 704 miles door to door. To save you working it out it’s 96p per mile less the crossing fee !
Today I loaded the last one, not one GB, D, NL,L, B, registered vehicle among the 24.
Mainly BG, PL, CZ, H,LT,ROM, pulling D,B,LT,BG,PL,CZ, H registered trailers.
Today Ladies and Gentlemen I realised that the UK international road haulage industry is well and truly dead and buried and I shed a tear for all the memories I had running over the water for those days will never return. . . . .
My advice for anyone still running continental . . . sell your tractors, lay off your drivers, get the best rate you can and give it to LKW for 850 euros a load.

Sad isnt it, I last graced europe in 2006 & never again. Its bolloxed & its to do with greed & third world hauliers who are trying to outlast each other, I hope they all scream in hell the sons of dogs for ruining a once great industry.

I’m sure that Limey fella will be along to put us right shortly…

Christ, I can get more than double that with a 3.5 tonner, the day I have to compete at that level I’ll burn all the wagons.

Wouldn’t get us past Dover for that :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

You where robbed by lkw. today they quoted and loaded Cardiff to brno for 995 euros. yep you are reading that correct and emailing me constant wanting more loads.

r slicker:
You where robbed by lkw. today they quoted and loaded Cardiff to brno for 995 euros. yep you are reading that correct and emailing me constant wanting more loads.

LKW are a disgrace but more disgracefull are the pathetic excuses of creatures that load these loads…Brno for that price jeez alive man how in gods name can this continue?

LKW Walter sub it all out and cream off the top, so the trucks doing the job are running around for far less than the rates LKW charge, there is no way the operators can be earning money out of that, even with their lower operating costs. You could just about make a pound a mile pay on euro work with an old snotter and a tank full of cherry in the late 80s , so how are they doing it now?

They can’t be paying any bills, either that or they’re up to no good, possibly taking ‘extra’ cargo or using the haulage business as a way of laundering money :unamused:

It must be the drivers are earning diddley squat per week/month! :unamused:

They are probably hoping for a couple of extra single pallet groupage jobs aswell if they have the room , risky business .

kin gang of [zb] the lot of em, put the wall back up if they can’t play fair they should’nt be allowed to play at all, a certain company from Skelmersdale used to have there trailers & subbies units looked at where I had My lorry serviced, it was a joke BG plates UK-Spain-UK & never even seeing Plovdiv, I would’nt have gone for a packet of ■■■■ in one of them & I have trundled about in some rubbish over the years but it was always serviced & had good rubber on it, but these lot have’nt got the money in the job to service anything so it was only when the inevitable happened did they come in to have them sorted. I’ve pulled drums off with cracks through em discs too, tyres like slicks its endless…

Europe was a safer place with Pekaes, Somat & Hungarocamion, I’d even put Romtrans above this new shower of entraupenirial wannabee idiots who are clueless about how to charge a job. Transports easy let your customer ask you how much you want & go from there, if they don’t want to pay it don’t do the job simples…

Plenty in the UK who must have dodgy calculators too John some of the rates on offer and UK motors doing the work.

Don’t they just make money on the in bound loads to the uk and just want diesel money out bound?

I think there’s an argument that we should never have joined the eu. The common man has suffered for it with the eroding of his pay & conditions with the rich feeding off cheap foreign labour and getting richer.

We’ll never know if the country as a whole is better off now. But our retained wealth has flowed east over the past few decades. Granted that wealth was built to some degree on exploitation. I’m not saying this is a bad thing in itself, redistribution of wealth is a noble persuit but doesn’t help much when you’re skint.

Look at Sweden I think it is or Switzerland, highest standard of living in Europe and not being in the eu hasn’t harmed them.

fly sheet:
kin gang of [zb] the lot of em, put the wall back up if they can’t play fair they should’nt be allowed to play at all, a certain company from Skelmersdale used to have there trailers & subbies units looked at where I had My lorry serviced, it was a joke BG plates UK-Spain-UK & never even seeing Plovdiv, I would’nt have gone for a packet of ■■■■ in one of them & I have trundled about in some rubbish over the years but it was always serviced & had good rubber on it, but these lot have’nt got the money in the job to service anything so it was only when the inevitable happened did they come in to have them sorted. I’ve pulled drums off with cracks through em discs too, tyres like slicks its endless…

Europe was a safer place with Pekaes, Somat & Hungarocamion, I’d even put Romtrans above this new shower of entraupenirial wannabee idiots who are clueless about how to charge a job. Transports easy let your customer ask you how much you want & go from there, if they don’t want to pay it don’t do the job simples…

I can’t fault that post. The big three you mention were also very helpful for us Brits who were still running some old rubbish, they were great mechanics and carried a lot of spare parts.

It amuses me to watch the antics of Young Phil, Roger et al, going down with all this decent tackle. They would have laughed at asomeone who turned up in Czech or Turkey with something that modern :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

fly sheet:

I can’t fault that post. The big three you mention were also very helpful for us Brits who were still running some old rubbish, they were great mechanics and carried a lot of spare parts.

It amuses me to watch the antics of Young Phil, Roger et al, going down with all this decent tackle. They would have laughed at asomeone who turned up in Czech or Turkey with something that modern :stuck_out_tongue:

Absolutely right. There was a certain honour and integrity about the old state run companies. This is the downside of the free market economy, we’re all happy to buy T shirts for a £pound or have the car hand washed for a fiver, go on holiday and get a meal and a belly full of the local brew for under the price of a U.K. cinema ticket. I cannot fault any man for wanting to better himself, if you work in Bulgaria on 20 lev per day and someone rings you with an offer of 50 lev per day to tramp around the E.U. your average Bulgar would have his hand off.
If someone rang us up to work in the back of beyond for £5 a mile, we’d all be off like a shot !
Maybe time to find another use for all that hard graft and ingenuity your average haulier has !

Wanted: Bricklayers in Berlin, large wall to rebuild. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Sounds like a re make for aufweidersen pet :smiley:

I live about 40mins outside of Europe’s Capital (Brussel), & many people over here wish that the ‘Common Market’ would return to It’s pre-2004 day’s (When the Eastern Block joined)…

At least In the UK you don’t have the ‘Schengen Agreement’ like the rest of us have (Ireland doesn’t have the Agreement either)…

One of the thing’s this ‘Agreement’ does Is It takes away the Border Controls between other Mainland Countries…

I personally would like to see the return of Border Controls to stop the free movement of criminal gangs( amongst other thing’s) coming over from the old East Block… I know this would be a pain In the ■■■ for the hard-working majority(spelling), but something has to change & change NOW…

BTW, before I get called a rascist, we have about 4/5 Polish families living In the town where I live…These guy’s have lived here for 5/6 years & nobody (Including myself) has a problem with them as they do an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay…

Rant over…for now anyway…

Thats worked a treat for LKW, return loads.

Remember when you vote for the next govt…a Lib Lab Or Con vote means you condone our slavery to the EU masterstate.

The only way back from national suicide is to get out whilst we still can.

Juddian:

Remember when you vote for the next govt…a Lib Lab Or Con vote means you condone our slavery to the EU masterstate.

Your suggestion for a fix to the problem is to keep quiet and not tell anyone about LKW ?
T

the kaiser:

Juddian:

Your suggestion for a fix to the problem is to keep quiet and not tell anyone about LKW ?
T

I suppose the sender could refuse to let Johnny Foreigner carry the load and instead pay a Brit operater the going rate, thats a better solution but i don’t see it happening.

What can you do about it…or anyone else that cares?, no one who can do anything about it is in the least bothered, probably lining themselves a nice little earner on the EU gravytrain for when their UK political or quango career ends, usually in a nice taxpayer funded golden handshake and taxpayer funded index linked pension.

What we can do about it is to stop being like basted turkeys voting for bloody Christmas…and vote en mass for a party that is commited to a referendum (not Cast Iron Dave’s dodgy promises) and subsequent withdrawl from the whole mess.

The LibLabCon party have destroyed this country from within, with the endorsement and approval of the idiotic British electorate… as a country we have the govt we deserve, until people wake up and do something other than get ■■■■■■ and watch reality dancing out of here crap it’ll get progressively worse…we’ll be joining the bloody Greeks Spanish Irish Italians yet begging for a handout from the Jerries…Christ on a bike how many of our true heroes turn in their graves, marked and unmarked in foreign soil, lost their lives defending this once promised land, and traitorous slime politicians of the last 40 years gave or sold it away.