Wish I'd had cameras

I wish I’d had side and front cameras fitted just to show up a complete f/whit who had apparently managed to obtain a Class1 at some time :open_mouth: yesterday.

He must have commited about 6 different dangerous to inconsiderate acts of ‘driving’ in about 5 minutes.basically driving his truck like a car , and chucking it about like a car:roll:

He followed me down the slip road, which starts as 2 lanes and filters down to 1 (Lymm n.bound I think it was?) he came down in lane 2 and got aereated as he could not get past me and pulled back in, holding him back all of 3 seconds (I wasn’t being arsey btw, I came down at a reasonable sliproad speed, and he did get past me at bottom…with a dirty look from him :neutral_face: )
We got to the bottom of the slip where this other driver pulled into lane 2 to let him out, so matey speeds up and leaves him hanging like a spare prick :unamused: .
He then speeds up, pulls out to overtake another truck (right on the grille of the guy who let him out), and cuts in on the (nearly) overtaken vehicle as soon as his trailer end gets past :smiling_imp: .(my pet hate btw)
By this time I’ve got behind him where he cuts in on 2 more, even causing one of them to brake up.
I then pulled off and off he went on, oblivious to his ■■■■ poor driving standards in his

Before you all start :unamused: , I know we should take no notice, it aint that important these things happen everyday and we should just take these dicks in our stride etc etc and all the rest of it.
However my point is… If he displayed that many examples of crap driving, in that short of time, how many ■■■■ ups and stuff does he achieve in a day, or a week, and how do they get HGV licences ffs.
A white Scania artic tipper btw, starts with an L, I think

Yes we do ignore them, but i bet people in cars and other vehicles types don’t, for the vast majority of us who drive reasonably (not perfectly by any means) it only takes one pillock like this standing out like a sore thumb to undo all the good the rest of us try, result we all get tarred with the same brush.

If i get a twerp like that even if i’m faster tend to stay behind them where i can keep an eye on 'em, might even knock it a few kms down so he can get a good distance ahead and few dozen motors between us, then when he causes some problem you’re not involved in it.

I could understand the rush if they could and would do 70 and if they didn’t past you at the bottom of the slip they’d be stuck behind you at a steady 40 on a single track road for the next 40 miles.

Juddian:
Yes we do ignore them, but i bet people in cars and other vehicles types don’t, for the vast majority of us who drive reasonably (not perfectly by any means) it only takes one pillock like this standing out like a sore thumb to undo all the good the rest of us try, result we all get tarred with the same brush.

If i get a twerp like that even if i’m faster tend to stay behind them where i can keep an eye on 'em, might even knock it a few kms down so he can get a good distance ahead and few dozen motors between us, then when he causes some problem you’re not involved in it.

I could understand the rush if they could and would do 70 and if they didn’t past you at the bottom of the slip they’d be stuck behind you at a steady 40 on a single track road for the next 40 miles.

Totally agree m8 I just back off and let the pricks get on with it .The problem I have is the amount of arsholes driving like this and the slip road caper is a common one

We have one too who overtook me on the Sliprad,joining A1 at J4. Had to do emergency stop when he pulled his Trailer in front of me.
I was full Trottle too,but in Eco Mode.
Funnily the Lorrys restricted to 56 when i drive them,and next day they overtake me when i do 56. Now explain that.

It is bloody demoralising , frustrating and dam right infuriating all at the same time.
Luckily for me, I don’t seem to see very many examples of crap driving from fellow CE license holders all that often, very rarely infact. Perhaps we’re more laid back down in the SW.
The last one I had was also (funnily enough) coming down a slip to join lane 1. I pull over to lane 2 to let him join and give him room. You probably already know how the rest panned out after that.
One other that stands out 6 months ago is also (funnily enough) a bulk tipper on a single carriageway road. I had the cruise set to 49. This prick behind me was so bloody close to the back of my truck I thought he was about to start pushing me! :unamused:

If I ever find myself I lane 2 on a motorway slip, I actually like it because it means that hopefully I can get straight onto the motorway and flash my fellow driver on.

A sort of ’ rear gunner ’ approach, similar to when you are driving for a good stretch behind a fellow class 1 God, and you anticipate him/her needing to overtake, and have already moved into place and flashed them out.

Before you know it, with a good driver you almost do it simultane…simultanoe…similtaneou… at the same time.

simultaneously :wink:
we know what you meant , :grimacing:

In answer to the Op`s question (Rob) :

and how do they get HGV licences ffs.

? :question:

:arrow_right: They train and pass the required test to Driving test standard ' . , What happens therein after goes to ratshitt - no further requirements necessary and no-one about to deal with it. It falls back to other peoples views and interpretations im afraid .

Welcome to the real world . :open_mouth: .
If it makes any bonus,
statistically,
UK has a reputation as being one of the current safest road networks globally. The Top o the Tree being : Norway, Denmark and Sweden.

what else did you expect from a tipper driver?

I’m sure he will get plenty of sympathy on here when he manages to wipe him self out…