Wish I had a Camera

Had one of those moments the other week, driving along the autostrada between modena and milan I’m in the middle lane passing a small convoy of trucks as I’m retuning the radio I notice something moving in the corner of my eye.

As I look towards the movement I notice it is coming from a small square whole in the back of a trailer door. I have to do a double take when I realise its an elephants trunk having a feel about of the outside of the trailer.

It was one of those days I wish I been able to get a picture, not something you see every day.

What wierd things have people seen out on the road and wished they had got a picture?

about 10 years ago i overtook a truck and the driver was playing with his trunk if you get what i mean, with his interior lights on :open_mouth: funny enough i did,nt feel like taking a picture. dirty zb.

I was delivering to a place in bristol yesterday, down some rather narrow residential streets.
I followed an artic in off the main road (he was delivering to the same place). He couldn’t quite make it out of this one junction due to cars being parked down both sides of the road we were exiting, and 1 really awkward ■■■■ parked directly opposite the turning.

He had no choice but to go knocking on doors but the owner was nowhere to be found.

Some head scratching later and some builders nearby offered some help. Trying to shove the car further onto the pavement didn’t work so they came up with the idea of sliding it backwards on shovels.

So a couple of us managed to lift each corner of the car while Mr builder put a shovel under each wheel. We then managed to push the car about 20 feet down the road so the artic could get round.

A fairly amusing sight in itself but i would love to have seen the owners face when they came out to find there car had been moved!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Funniest i’ve seen was an actual ‘Window Licker’ in a traffic jam! He really looked like he was enjoying it! I tried not to laugh but after 30 seconds or so with tears running down my face i blew, soon stopped and felt guilty tho after i noticed his carer giving me the biggest dirty look i’ve ever had!

Must be about 5 years ago ,when i was waiting at a railway crossing in Gent docks.
No barriers, just the bell and flashing red lights . Coming from the other direction was a low loader with a 360 on the back and i was sat there thinking “hes not going to stop” . . . the goods train,albiet very slow moving, caught the back end of the trailer and pushed it to 45 degrees to the unit.
Needless to say,no damage to the train . . . the unit and trailer looked ■■■■■■ but the 360 was still on the back.
Unusual for a Belge to chain a load down!! :laughing: