Wiseman Trafford park Rigids

Anyone on for wiseman at Trafford park can tell me the type of rigid work they do nights please?
Got my class 1 test in 3 weeks but figure if I apply for class2 learn the Craic then hopefully move up, cheers

I worked for Wisemans out of Somerset although I was a class 1 trunker. The rigids do outlet deliveries, shops etc, its all cage work but I couldn’t say what the work is like up there. If you get in with them and get class 1 the work is easy and well paid, so good luck with it.

Class 2 work will be 2-4am starts, usually at least one day at the weekend is included. Anywhere from 8-24 drops depending on how far you go, sounds bad but the jobs a doddle once you can match milk to paperwork, all the orders are picked for you. No ones overworked, its rare for anyone to be rushing. You always see Wiseman wagons parked up in laybys etc. having their breaks properly which is a good indicator that its the good variety of multidrop work. They follow and enforce the regs to the book.

Hard part is getting to grips with the daft o’clock starts, but after you have established yourself they have plenty of class 1 work you can apply for as vacancies come up, either trunking or on store deliveries still but just big tescos with fewer drops. They do farm collections in tankers as well.

(PS. if you do get a job there you will kick yourself about forking out for your class 1 because they put drivers through it!).

It`s all changed a bit since Muller took over :wink:

att:
It`s all changed a bit since Muller took over :wink:

I know a fella that still works at Trafford Park and he says they haven’t really noticed much change as of yet. Thats on the rigids, don’t know about anything else.

Might well be some transport changes in the future though with Muller owning Culina as well, it wouldn’t be ridiculous to speculate about Culina taking on some of the transport operations in time.

Was hoping they had lates or nights anyone know?

AsphaltAnimal:
Was hoping they had lates or nights anyone know?

They do have a bit of late work for tescos and sainsburys with the rigids, but being honest id expect to be doing early shifts for them, thats where 90% of the work is.

Ok cheers, if I get an interview I can only ask I suppose