Wirral - Before and After

I guess that this happening on a Sunday has saved a few lives here.

The “Dance School” and “Furniture Shop” mentioned in the linked news article were probably closed, and the Chinese Restaurant (“Lans House”) mentioned isn’t actually in the block destroyed, but lies on the opposite side of the road. It’s amazing that so many people (34) were injured by debris and rubble - without any fatalities.

(The building on the right with the “Mason” sign on it - no longer exists, the Chinese Restaurant is at the top of the picture, on the left side of the street)

Extensive “Collateral Damage” to buildings - but not people, thankfully.

:open_mouth:

My parents live near Arrowe Park Hospital and they heard the blast, that’s what? Six- eight miles away
I’ve just been looking on google earth as I couldn’t quite place where it was, I got a shock when I saw just how big that building had been, it must have been a hell of an explosion and a huge volume of gas to do that

bigdave789:
My parents live near Arrowe Park Hospital and they heard the blast, that’s what? Six- eight miles away
I’ve just been looking on google earth as I couldn’t quite place where it was, I got a shock when I saw just how big that building had been, it must have been a hell of an explosion and a huge volume of gas to do that

We could hear it over the water.Lucky it was at night.

Looks like an improvement to me.

eagerbeaver:
Looks like an improvement to me.

I didn’t notice any difference

Early conservative estimates reckon that the blast caused at least £5 million worth of improvements.

Luckily, all the kids in the dance block (now in individual brick format) all went home an hour or so before the explosion.
Plenty of residents complained of being able to smell gas on the street for days before, apparently.

Someone at the gas board might be in a bit of hot water (or cold water, seeing as the gas supply has now gone!) because they tried to act upon the public reports of “smelling gas” like they were BT Openreach. :unamused:

Amazing no one was killed. Anyone sitting having some nosh in that sit-down chinky - would have been frightened out of their skins, as well as injured by flying debris. :open_mouth:

the maoster:
Early conservative estimates reckon that the blast caused at least £5 million worth of improvements.

:laughing: :laughing: Won’t be long before the scousers start missing their favourite holiday destination. The Wirral Riviera :grimacing:

Delivered to that butchers on the top pic. Always sorted you out with a pie! They’ll have all chucked bricks through their windows for some new double glazing on the insurance :laughing:

You’d be surprised what gas can do. Reminds me of the one in San Juan: youtube.com/watch?v=wZFIF6VqtyI
Can’t remember if it was gas or petrol but I cba to watch the whole video to find out.

People complaining about gas, gas board can’t find anything due to improper use of equipment, gas takes out a large building.

I’m surprised TNUK hasn’t blown up considering the amount of gas emitted on here.

Another pic of before the explosion
indika.it/wp-content/uploads … i-gaza.jpg

eagerbeaver:
I’m surprised TNUK hasn’t blown up considering the amount of gas emitted on here.

Can you smell it though? :stuck_out_tongue:
“Who ■■■■■■?”

“There goes the neighborhood”. :open_mouth:

Its New Ferry, shame the lot didnt go up :smiley: