Wireless network

any info on which truckstops and msa,s have wireless capabilities as i have now got my laptop on wireless and would love to sit in the cab and connect :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Niel,
Could do with some info like that myself, having just gone the wireless route. Most of the truck stops in Germany advertise wifi connections but never got round to using one. Did connect to one recently at the airport on the way to Spain but most of the ISP want money. If you are parked up on an Industrial Estate or near a business estate just switch on and see what is about. I did that in Huntingdon recently and got a connection. Also search the internet for โ€œWardrivingโ€, will give you some interesting tips.

Regards
Westie

Given the distance the truck park is from the buildings in most MSAโ€™s you probably wonโ€™t get a connection. Lotโ€™s of them do seem to have a WiFi hotspot these days, usually in the coffe shop. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TBH the chances of finding an open WAP where some muppet hasnโ€™t enabled WEP/WPA is pretty high. Even moreso as BT etc promote Wifi routers for broadband. The number of open WAPs in my town is unbelievable. Drove around with a mate who has a PDA with WiFi. The number of open access points he could connect to was unbelievable. Dozens.

When i sold my old house i had the NTL cut off about 2 months before i left the house my computer had wifi but i had never used it becaus i had a cable modem , for the last 2 months in my house i was using someone else connection for free . :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: