Wiping your steering wheel and holdall

when you go through the tunnel or dover and they wipe your steering wheel and holdall with that little pad on a stick, what are they looking for? I reckon it is explosives but my mate says drugs but do you know?

I thought it was both… .and what ever else they can think of. :open_mouth:

Im sure theres a joke in here Harry,regarding your user ID, but i think it might not be a good idea!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Just make sure you keep your explosives and drugs well away from the steering wheel. :open_mouth:

He is a fairy and is looking for fairy dust :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it can tell if you have loaded semtex and then forget to take your gloves off before getting in the cab :open_mouth:

Wheel Nut:
I think it can tell if you have loaded semtex and then forget to take your gloves off before getting in the cab :open_mouth:

I think it can tell even if you didn’t take your gloves off etc!! :wink: :wink:

What is in question though, is how efficient the ‘recycled people’ are that are doing the tests?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

bullitt:
I thought it was both… .and what ever else they can think of. :open_mouth:

Im sure theres a joke in here Harry,regarding your user ID,

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: you london boys…

That would be traces of explosives they seek.
Used to go through the tunnel regular with military artics, they always stopped us (to make up their check numbers), got the white gloves on and and rubbed their hands around the cab. Quite often they would come back to us after putting the gloves in the little box which detects traces of explosive,
“Driver, we have found traces of explosive in your vehicle”,
“Yes Mr customs man, its a military vehicle,”
"but how do you get traces of explosives in your cab "?
"Rub’s off uniform and overall’s Mr customs man, same as everytime we handle a weapon or a load of explosives "
"OH! ok then, off you go. :unamused: