Winter Storm Warnings

All highways out of Moose Jaw SK closed as of 10 am Thurs , Hway 11 open but lots of stranded vehicles and semis in the ditch . Check the Saskatchewan Highways website before venturing out . Drive safe guys :exclamation: :exclamation:

Edmonton has been hit quite hard today, 100 vehicle pile up on the QE2 (hwy 2) just south of Leduc, 1 Fatal crash southbound on QE2 around noon, between Edmonton and Leduc. Cops shut down the whole of hwy 216 (Anthony Henday) for about 2 hours due to whiteout conditions.

People were seen abandoning their cars and walking down the highway dragging their luggage to get to the airport… they really want to goto mexico :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t say I blame them , 1.96 METRES so far and snowing like hell now . Totally 100% fed up with the crap this year , nom nom nom :laughing:

It’s not much better in the UK this weekend :laughing:

Pat Hasler:

This is true. We have had a foot of very wet snow in 2 days. I got my van stuck on my own road again, this time with winter tyres on. This is the first time winter tyres haven’t done the business for me. Good job I had the snow shovel and a couple of helpful neighbours to get me up the hill. I have just spent 3 hours shovelling the snow off the hill so I don’t embarrass myself again. Someone get me a snowblower for my birthday please. :sunglasses:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21907837

uk weather pretty ■■■■■■ this weekend south wales where i live only 1 inch of snow …it now seems uk is running out of gas in another week . personally think its scaremongering so that when they (gas companies ) put price up we wont complain… you guys in the big snow over there take care…

Big Jon’s dad:

Pat Hasler:

This is true. We have had a foot of very wet snow in 2 days. I got my van stuck on my own road again, this time with winter tyres on. This is the first time winter tyres haven’t done the business for me. Good job I had the snow shovel and a couple of helpful neighbours to get me up the hill. I have just spent 3 hours shovelling the snow off the hill so I don’t embarrass myself again. Someone get me a snowblower for my birthday please. :sunglasses:

I took a cab home last night from a night out and he said he had winter tyres on, but was really struggling. I wonder if there has been a bad lot about?

mickfly:

Big Jon’s dad:

Pat Hasler:

I took a cab home last night from a night out and he said he had winter tyres on, but was really struggling. I wonder if there has been a bad lot about?

I have had this set of tyres for 2 winters and haven’t lost traction with them before today, so I suspect it was simply the wrong kind of snow. Very heavy wet snow that packs down solid under compression, freezing solid as it packs down. The tyre treads have nothing to dig into, so it is like driving on sheet ice on a hill. I had to use a metal scraper to break up the packed down snow before I could shovel the road clean. I’ll be glad to see the back of this winter.

With reference to the British Gas thing, I was listening to one of their top bosses on Radio 4 on Friday and it seems a gas pipe from the European mainland was closed for some breakdown but is now fully open again and there is no fear of supplies being cut off. Stored supply tanks are down due to the unexpected cold weather and thats the only reason they are lower than normal.

Weather forecast said the snow would stop falling at 9.00 PM last night. It was still snowing until lunchtime today, so all the hard work yesterday had to be done again today. Fortunately half the street helped clear the snow this time. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: