Winter storm warning SK

Just in case you’re not aware we have a storm warning in SK today , travel not recommended on TC1 around Swift Current at present and the Yellowhead is getting nasty too . Up to 25cms of snow coming in ,plus the wind is gusting at 60kph causing the usual ice build up and blizzard conditions . Drive safely out there .

I spent five and a half hours yesterday stopped on an ice covered hill about 50 kms west of Moose Jaw, whole of the trans Canada closed down for nearly 6 hours waiting for a salt shaker. One showed up around 11.30, another one right behind him and 5 mins later off we all went.
Now stuck in Red Deer waiting for a plow to clear the loading dock so I can dump off my load and go back to the miserable Flying J up the road. I cant see why people live on the prairies in the first place but I wish they would tax you lot a bit more and spend it on looking after the roads for us simple underpaid Maritimes drivers.

Have they got you a reload yet Dunc? A mate of mine on for Connors is heading your way with two drops in Edmonton, another two in Calgary and he’s then reloading in Red Deer for the Mexican border near San Diego.

Couldn’t get onto the dock for the snow drifts, going to try again shortly, its stopped snowing and the plows are out at least. I have another drop in bc just got to get over the hills into the warm weather! Seriously! Tomorrow this area is expected to get near record lows of -33 f, that’s beyond a joke! Snow is finished for a few days though they say

Bad news my friend , it’ll be -33C :laughing:

Left Regina at 1730 Monday and arrived in Calgary 2330 Tuesday lol, thank goodness for snow day payments - 9 hours at normal rate and 41 hours at time and a half for the full round trip - yippee lol

russjp:
Left Regina at 1730 Monday and arrived in Calgary 2330 Tuesday lol, thank goodness for snow day payments - 9 hours at normal rate and 41 hours at time and a half for the full round trip - yippee lol

TC1 shut at Brooks or were you just dragging the job out ? :laughing: Standby for more Prairie insults from the MB mafia …

flat to the mat:
TC1 shut at Brooks or were you just dragging the job out ? :laughing: Standby for more Prairie insults from the MB mafia …

Isn’t Manitoba a prairie province also?

flat to the mat:

russjp:

Yeah the Petro Canada place at Brooks was rammed, still, dont mind sitting there all week if im getting paid for it :smiley:

filled up in Swift Current SK friday on the way back -51 c with the wind think someone forgot to pay the heating bill :wink: :wink: