Winter pics

A few from last winter…

Taken in Luxembourg

Taken in Lidkoping

Taken on E4 Varnamo to Helsingborg

Looks like a nice light snow. We had a storm like that in October here, before the winter really got going. Ask Pat about driving in the “lake effect” areas. In January, we got snowfalls like that every day for the entire month. It was great for X-country skiers like me, but everybody else hated it…

NO :exclamation: dont ask :exclamation: After 5 months of the stuff, sometimes driving through 8 inches of it for a couple of hundred miles, waking up some mornings to find two or three feet of it around your cab … I don’t realy want reminding of what I have to face this winer all over again.

PS: The snow is nothing compared to the ice storms :laughing: :laughing:

Aw, Pat, quit’cher bellyaching. I lived through the infamous blizzard on 1977 in Buffalo. The winter of 1993-94 was quite bad, also, especially for somebody like me, who was running NY104, I-81 up to the 401 to Autoroute 20 in Montreal every day! Yikes!!

I got stuck pretty bad after turning into a side street in Utica this past winter during a very bad one, it was 5.00am and nobody in sight with snow coming down in blankets. I phoned the boss and went to bed. I was woken up by two very angry cops at 7.45 telling me that 3 ft of my trailer was sticking out in highway traffic. I got out into 3 ft of snow and looked at the highway which also had 3ft of snow and not a vehicle in sight, “What traffic ?” I asked, but they were still not amused, they called a tow truck which had to wait for the ploughs to clear access. The guy charged me $150 to pull my truck 60 feet. :angry: :angry:

I also got stuck in Rochester one morning and was pulled out by a guy with a Land Rover Discovery :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: BUY BRITISH :laughing: :laughing:

Next time you get stuck in Utica (be thankful you don’t live there-I used to…), call the vendor our company uses:

PILUSO’S SERVICE
121 MOHAWK STREET
WHITEBORO NY 13492
315 736-6411