Winter ended today

Well for a short while anyway :laughing:
Weeks of snow has been driving me up the wall, we had over 2 feet of snow at our house and over this area last week then 3 - 4 inches every day after that, 8 inches on Wednesday night. Today I awoke to torrential rain in NYC and 50f :smiley: I left NYC heading to Methuen MA in rain then over the Green mountains to Killington VT and damm snow … 3 inches deep over the mountains… Winter stopped for a day :laughing:

Oh bless , can’t decide whether I feel more sorry for you over a tad of inclement weather or losing twice in two days to the mighty Canada in Olympic hockey .
Sod the weather , :laughing: you â– â– â– â–  at hockey :laughing:

I gave up on a bad job lastnight (Friday) near Waterbury, CT after only 200 odd miles that day due to all the complete idiots who cant drive in a bit of rain. Parked up at 4pm local time, on the road again just after 2am and the roads are nice and empty and made her all the way to Kittery, ME without so much as one Masshole performing an incredibly stupid, erratic and pointless manoeuvre in front of me. Only 5 hours to the border from here so home before dinner.
Winter is winter, I just wish that the average American could learn to be a bit less of a ■■■■ on the road during winter so that it didn’t have to be such a chore, all of the time.

got ur shorts on then Pat :wink: :wink:

I think what annoys me most in this weather is the twonks that sit in the middle lane and crawl along, refusing to pass the cars in the slow lane, they don’t have the nerve to speed up but don’t have a care for those who want to get somewhere.

California in a rain shower is fun lol

taffytrucker:

I’ve only been to California once and I wont rush back. Its just Connecticut with palm trees!

robinhood_1984:

taffytrucker:

I’ve only been to California once and I wont rush back. Its just Connecticut with palm trees!

Is a good run for the miles but was always happy to cross back into Nevada. 55mph limit and not enough truck stops not the best state to drive in

It seems winter storm ‘Titan’ has taken a southerly track :laughing:
Looking at the radar it’s hitting NYC and south of it. I don’t have to leave home until about 10.00 am Monday so by the time I get down there it should be cleared up. I spoke to Mike Flynn on the phone this morning he was on a reset in Topeka KS he said he has snow there.

Oh no it hasn,t Pat, today we got rain going into freezing rain then maybe 6+ inches of the white stuff and apparently on an easterly track to hit PA, upstae NY and New England.

ray

Don’t I know it ! … Sitting here in St Albans VT after the trip from hell. Took 11 hours to do what usually takes 6.5 hours, 2 of which was spent sitting still on route 22A in Vermont because the tight fisted state hadn’t salted the roads and trucks were stuck on the hills, and even then they didn’t salt the damm roads. I delivered just around the corner from here and now spending the night with an unsure feeling about tomorrow as they forecast 2 feet more by morning :frowning:

So I take it you are shocked that it snowed then…

As you have been every winter…

Get a grip man ffs, you live in the north east, it snows every year :unamused:

I know that Mark but this was an exceptional March storm, it’s not the snow that bothers me it’s the fact that Vermont dept of highways have no regard for the safety of people, I returned down 22A yesterday morning, still covered with ice then back up this morning … STILL covered with ice.
Prime rolled a load of Ben and Jerry’s in the same spot they did during the storm last month :laughing: 22a is a bad road, very narrow with a camber that drags you into the verge.

You think that’s bad, it’s May 2nd and it’s snowing like a barsteward here in Calgary.

Kerr ray zee…

newmercman:
You think that’s bad, it’s May 2nd and it’s snowing like a barsteward here in Calgary.

Kerr ray zee…

Sp I saw LOL

Snowed here this morning too . Had a 7’s tournament today , that was fun with minus windchill , hey ho :laughing:

Supposed to get a foot of it in Calgary this weekend. I went west and it’s a mess, heavy wet snow on top of the thawing out stuff from winter equals avalanches galore, big one on Rogers Pass, busted trees and piles of snow everywhere.

Where ever you are May the fourth be with you :laughing: , I’ll get me coat .