Winter clothing

I’ve been checking out a few stores in the states most common one was cabelas a little pricey for named brands ’ there own branded clothing and boots seem reasonable .I would be interested in a pair of good snow boots… possibly some hoodies with zippers or jumpers anyone have any advice on other stores possibly a bit cheaper 'what about Walmart do they stock winter gear or any other brands the only others ive seen have been carhart or dickies …

hey chef sauce, check out walmart as they have a nice line in hoodies with zippers, brand name = walls, also coveralls are really good too and half the price of carhartt. the hooded with the zipper comes in two types one normal cloth with duck lining and the other is a Kevlar much warmer than duck and its water repellant too.
ray

Flyer is about right. Carhart stuff is very good but very expensive. I got a Carhart quality hooded jacket and bib and braces style insulated trousers to go with it for $89.00 at Kamart two years back, they are amazing, so much so that in -30f working in the snow I found myself sweating and when I take the bottom half off the steam that comes out is mind blowing.
You don’t have to buy the expensive stuff. My wife also talked me into buying some of those silly looking ‘Duck boots’ with the rubber around the foot section, I always thought how stupid they looked but once used in winter I am never without them, warm as toast.

Cheers for the advice i will certainly be calling into Walmart and the other store ‘mentioned maybe no need for a insulated coverall’ as it doesn’t really get that cold in uk

If you get to montana carhartt stuff is quite reasonable the have a big outlet store i think its in billings if i remember right

When in Canada Jan last year 2012 we went to a Thrift Store.
Got a almost new coat $5cn kept me warm as toast at -20 and below, keeps me toasty here in the UK

Always a good place to check out cheap as chips and clean,
everything is washed etc before putting out for sale they also had a load of old stock from major retailers at good knock down prices so you can find new never worn clothing and as its cheep you don’t worry to much that 6mths down the line you have to bin it…

You’ll find good ok used cold weather boots too

Thanks everyone for your reply’s still I think the states have a bit more in choice and a lot cheaper than in Canada 'must remember my 23 kg baggage allowance with BA not to go other that on the way home