Windscreen cover

The advert for Auto Glass says to get a stone chip repaired for free on F/C policy’s will not effect your no claims bonus. Today I phoned my broker to get some more insurance and was told in no uncertain terms that it did as I have put in two claims as per said cover and I even have ‘protected no claims’ cover as well. It’s part of the small print I was told. So who is lying or not being completely up front, Swinton or Auto Glass ?
Bit like PPI I think.

Strange thing also, I have had a no fault claim this year and even my insurance company wrote to me saying that the other party has admitted responsibility, so imagine my surprise on looking at my renewal to find a very large increase (I was expecting a bit because they always do) in premium, I called them up and they told me that because I had had a claim regardless of fault that my policy was being increased WTF!!!

Told them what to go and do that included self abuse. Gits!!!

I had a mate who had a relatively minor bump and even though the repair cost wasn’t much more than the excess he still claimed it on the insurance rather than keeping quiet and paying for it himself. We suggested he was daft doing that as it would make him premium rise and he confidently said it wouldn’t as he had protected no claims.

He wasn’t best pleased when his renewal came through and the increase in premium was almost twice what he had saved by claiming for the bump…

The moral of the story is that the insurance company will always win, there is stuff all you can do about it other than go to another insurer, but they’re all as bad as each other so there’s not a great deal to be gained by doing that anyway.

Paul

brados:
Strange thing also, I have had a no fault claim this year and even my insurance company wrote to me saying that the other party has admitted responsibility, so imagine my surprise on looking at my renewal to find a very large increase (I was expecting a bit because they always do) in premium, I called them up and they told me that because I had had a claim regardless of fault that my policy was being increased WTF!!!

Told them what to go and do that included self abuse. Gits!!!

Insurance is becoming a joke now to be fair,rising the premium for a non fault claim is shockingly silly but thats the way it goes nowadays.

The only reason I found out about this was when I thought I was buying a van this evening and wanted a quote for it so like a good honest citizen that I am (well nearly) I mentioned all the fines (2) but they said I had made two claims within the last five years as well. WTF ! Protected no claims means poodiddlyshite either and the quote I got was £717.42 and the one for the wife with only four years no claims was £237.00. Bankers get strife when ripping of Joe Public why not the insurers ? :imp: :imp: :imp:

Didn’t buy the van in the end anyway…