Window Cleaning

Ok i think i have bourght just about every product there is to keep windows clean and none seem to work very well so anyone have any tips or secrets or no of any effective products that dont leave smears cheers

Pink Windowlene. The original and the best.

Buy any old spray ■■■■.

The secret is newspaper.

End of thread.

70% Rubbing Alcohol - I buy it on Amazon, and a microfibre cloth.

Bonus, it also is:

Disinfectant
Skin safe
De-Icer down to about -38C
Doesn’t damage rubber / plastic or the anti-glare coating on your glasses (if you wear them)

Spray bottle with a 50 50 mix of vinegar and water

merc0447:
Buy any old spray [zb].

The secret is newspaper.

End of thread.

not sure if modern newspaper works as well as it once did, I think they changed the type of ink they use, if the newspaper does not make your hands dirty then it is the modern ink and it will not clean the window as well. But I think it is all still lint free so as good a micro fibre cloth

I have always been a fan of vinegar, makes a good job (and the smell goes after half an hour)

the maoster:
Pink Windowlene. The original and the best.

+1 on the pink windowlene, use sparingly though and dont get it on black rubbers.

Another one is Autoglym super resin polish. I use it on the paintwork but it also works brilliantly on glass, i always keep a seperate clean microfibre cloth for the glass, stops any cross contamination and smears…

Good old newspaper was the life saver when I was in basic training in the Army, even the RSM was satisfied with the end result but as said, I don’t know if it’s changed now with technology being different.

I spray mine with that Rainguard, helps to clear the screen a lot better …

Agree with pink windowlene, or any glass polish for that matter. Followed by Rainex on the outside. Keeps my windows spotless for months.

Pro window cleaning spray from
chemiclean.co.uk/car1.htm

For outside once the salt goes down you can forget normal cleaning, put clean water with just a couple of drops of washing up liquid in a spray bottle, then spray and squeegee off with a rubber blade.

merc0447:
Buy any old spray [zb].

The secret is newspaper.

End of thread.

Big +1

But not on your mirror lenses!

I use HG hagensan , you can get on ebay for about a fiver, keeps windows clean and looking clean for ages with just a wipe with kitchen roll and its great for lazy boys like me as its no streak , so happy days !!! :smiley:

Two tiny drops of washing up liquid in a bowl of warm water followed by a wipe-over with newspaper is all you need

Smears are caused because it dries before it’s clean, the secret is to spray on more than you think you need.

You’re welcome.

Don’t clean the glass or your mirrors, challenge yourself.

A.

A spray bottle with half water half washer fluid, then blue roll, free and easy. :wink:

Rain X. Life changing :wink:

Pink Windolene is the best there is.
Or failing that use a brick, problem solved :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kr79:
Spray bottle with a 50 50 mix of vinegar and water

This. It’s pointless buying any of the proper products until quarry and tip wheelwashes go back to just washing the wheels and not spraying liquid limescale up the cab sides. The old flooded rumble strip was the best.