Windmill truckstop - hungaria

Can any one gove me any details - address - directions to the famous windmill stop.
is it still there??

we have a vintage run set for next year to Budapest.

called “HUNGARY FOR A RUN”

Would be good to go to this old haunt. :laughing:

I seem to remember it was south of Budapest on the road to Letyne border. Not so far from the lake Balaton.

I woke up to find a lad called Jimmy ( He had a Romanian girlfriend called Justine) ( That narrows it down to about half the truckers then) parked next to me who worked for the same company. He had blown his F89 up and I took him back to Hungarocamion TIR park outside Budapest and we managed to get some help from them.

We were talking about this place last weekend on the ferry when someone reminded me of the lady guard in the showers who use to tut tut if you went for a shower with one of the car park workers :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe a better bet for your historic run might be the old Castrol garage near Gyor or the Aeroplane on the road to Tatabanya. Tatty Banana as Bestbooties called it :stuck_out_tongue:

Dont forget to post some details of this trip, when how etc

well thanks

leaving june next year first to a show in swiss.
then destination at mom was to get to Budapest.
so any other stops or visits are highly appreciated.

What trucks are going? It will be a good experience, though nothing like the good old days. :wink:

Do they allow old trucks and buses with the ever tightening emissions and green concerns?

I know anything less than Euro 1 is not allowed through the tunnels.

I would be interested to know more about this run

The Windmill is at Kecskemet on the main road Budapest to Szeged and Nadlac border, about an hour and a half south of Budapest

jj72:
The Windmill is at Kecskemet on the main road Budapest to Szeged and Nadlac border, about an hour and a half south of Budapest

I must be getting mixed up with the White House.

Anyway the other bit was the same, Im racking my brains trying to remember Jimmys surname. Thin bloke with ever so thick John Denver glasses from near Littleborough I think.

It was Jimmy Hacking, it came to me after 24 years :stuck_out_tongue:

chalkey:
leaving june next year first to a show in swiss.

Would that be the Truckers Festival in Interlaken at the end of June? Planning to go that show as it’s only about an hour from where my brother lives.

jj72:

The Windmill,circa 1981.

hiya i was running to serbia last year.there is a new bypass going round keshkemet. signs up for town 7.5 ton only

I don’t know the situation now,but when I last frequented the Windmill in the '80’s,it was just out of town.If it’s still a favourite truckstop,i wouldn’t have thought the powers that be would isolate it with a weight limit.

bestbooties:
I don’t know the situation now,but when I last frequented the Windmill in the '80’s,it was just out of town.If it’s still a favourite truckstop,i wouldn’t have thought the powers that be would isolate it with a weight limit.

The French have done exactly that with lots of the best routiers on the ‘nationals’.

Ross.

bigr250:

bestbooties:

The French have done exactly that with lots of the best routiers on the ‘nationals’.

Ross.

But you can still find some of the best eating places off the beaten track, and Im sure the police will not send you back if you mention food to them. Im sure there is a link or something about this.

DAVID