WIND

Stanley Mitchell wrote

I thought the same, until this morning, on the east bound A50 @ Doveridge were three brand new JCBs, which had come loose after the BRIT EUROPEAN transporter had been blown over.

All three looked well [zb], plus the renault transporter will need more than a can of “Tcut”… Sad Sad

I hope the driver is OK,
Doesnt Grumpybum work for them? Hope she’s alright
Today certainly was the worst for wind over here.
Must lay off the baked beans :laughing:

I had the misfortune of a 5am start over to Bromborough on the wirrel for 8.
just hit the M56 in time for the thelwall to be shut and get caught up in the ensuing chaos of everyone leaving the M6 and heading over the runcorn bridge. finally got to bromborough 45 mins late, left there at 09:45 and with 1hr 5min on the clock headed towards asda wigan via the runcorn bridge only to find that shut to high siders :frowning: so had to pull up near Daresbury for a 45.
Then headed via warrington on the only available route to wigan… through warrington town centre …3hrs later total gridlock as I`d covered 4 miles :open_mouth:
finally I got to wigan at 14:25, then I faced the prospect of driving back towards Blyth services with an empty curtainsider knowing that the woodhead was suposed to be shut, so it was to be the M62 all the way to the A1

Shrek:
I’m lucky really in so far as the wind doesn’t really affect the car transporter as it does a box trailer

…apart from getting out of the cars on the top deck in the wind!!!

Stanley Mitchell:
I thought the same, until this morning, on the east bound A50 @ Doveridge were three brand new JCBs, which had come loose after the BRIT EUROPEAN transporter had been blown over.

All three looked well [zb], plus the renault transporter will need more than a can of “Tcut”… :frowning: :frowning:

What time was that? I delivered to the new JCB building site at Utoxetter, left about 11ish after sitting 4 hours and not getting tipped. I came back along the EB A50 but didnt see anything.

I heard about it on the Radio at about 08.30 that day so I assume early morning or maybe even night before if recovery was very slow.

bowserman:

Shrek:
I’m lucky really in so far as the wind doesn’t really affect the car transporter as it does a box trailer

:laughing: this is true! TBH, it’s only gettibg in/out of the car on the peak that can be the brown trousers moment. There’s safety rails of course, but if it’s a small car over the cab, the rails don’t go far enough to give you anything to hang on to! :open_mouth:

Shrek:

bowserman:

Shrek:

…thats when you need the company issue sky hook.

Bowserman, Trucknet UK, Newark Lorry Park.

:laughing: this is true! TBH, it’s only gettibg in/out of the car on the peak that can be the brown trousers moment. There’s safety rails of course, but if it’s a small car over the cab, the rails don’t go far enough to give you anything to hang on to! :open_mouth:

Darby Flyer:

Stanley Mitchell:

All three looked well [zb], plus the renault transporter will need more than a can of “Tcut”… :frowning: :frowning:

What time was that? I delivered to the new JCB building site at Utoxetter, left about 11ish after sitting 4 hours and not getting tipped. I came back along the EB A50 but didnt see anything.

I went past 09.30ish, EB totally blocked, according to the radio, it happened around 05.00am…