wincantons

hi
got an interview at wincanton this week the job is to cover up to 6 sites in the north west permanent job
was wonderin if anyone has any info about them usual stuff hours, pay,conditions. thanks.

Their on the ball. love you to do checks. love you to report defects. love you to read policies. professional as they should be. This answer is about the company not about any individual that we all have gripes with

thanks for that i have heard they are a decent company to work for suppose am better of just goin and see what they are offering

Wincanton are a good professional company to work for. I have been here over 4 years now and they have never asked me to do anything unreasonable, they want everything done safely, legaly and correct, but thats not a problem if you have any pride in your work. Most importantly the money is in the bank every month/week on the right day and the right amount.

The pay is pretty good. You won’t run bent ever or will you run with anything wrong with truck. Mostly good to work for just the odd office bod you have to watch out for. Is it the One Fleet job your going for?

Looks to me like they are due to be taken over to be fair. Maybe better to read up on Rhenus to see what they are like.

Wincantons finances are in one hell of a state right now, and this heading towards another recession is not a good mix for a business.

Whoops, nearly forgot to supply some substance and rumours to this post. :smiley: :smiley:

lse.co.uk/ShareNews.asp?shar … ers_Nov_22

– Logistics services provider Rhenus to acquire British haulier Wincanton International which has subsidiaries in France, the Netherlands and Spain (notified Nov. 17/deadline Dec. 22/simplified)

Even the big backers are getting twitchy over Wincanton.

Wincanton: Charles Stanley downgrades from buy to hold, target slashed from 150p to 70p.

This is a quote taken from a small investor’s opinion. Thus its just an opinion not a fact so good for the rumour brigade. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I think that companies can get themselves in a position where what they say to the market is so disconnected to what is being perceived that potential customers are scared away. There must be huge uncertainty of where WINCANTON will end up (sold off or bought by a competitor, etc) and that will certainly put off customers. I don’t think they are heading for insolvency but I don’t think the large shareholders can have much patience left.

The last business win was extension of Heinz contract and I hear that it cost WINCANTON to get it. Heinz did benchmarking exercise and found WINCANTON many £millions above that. Apparently they told WINCANTON to find £millions of savings if they wanted the renewal and that didn’t go down well. If this is the case with other contracts and bids then perhaps it explains why WINCANTON is struggling?

thanks lash hgv not sure what the one fleet contract is anything you can tell me about it would be appreciated.

is this to cover all sites???and is your interview in unilever preston brook???i have an interview on tuesday and was under the impression it was for one of the sites and not to cover all of them???athough i had only had 3 hours sleep off nights when he foned

Was talking to a friend from Wincanton who works on the food side and theres big talk of them being taken over, I dont know if he meant that part of the company or the company as a whole.

Noticed today’s RheNuS announcing selling for the equivalent of Euro74m of the continental Europe division. The cash will be very welcome at the moment, although they must have made a loss on the transaction as the book value is much higher. The market seems to like the deal - at least it has de-risked the company in terms of its borrowings. there was not much income coming from Europe in the first place, so there should not be that great an impact on profit. Overall I am saddened that they did not make Europe work, but the previous owner sold because they had problems with it as well. Getting cash and focussing on what they can do well sounds a conservative policy and draws a line under this chapter.

iii.co.uk/investment/detail? … IN.L&it=le

clarkyboy yes my interview is at preston brook the job is to cover 6 sites trafford park,middleton,st helens,wigan and 2 in skelmersdale from what i can gather we cover were they need us to.

stuff that then,i am travelling from north wales…he gave me the impression it was for one of the sites not all of them…price of fuel etc and it middlewich one night,skem the next then manchester…no thx i will fone,clarify and cancell if this is the case…and for what the pay was he was telling me it doesnt justify the amount of messing round…for that reason im out

how did this go bally1■■?

alright clarkyboy didnt go in the end found out wot the money was and i would av been about hundred quid down on a flat week did you go.

no i didnt go either…had a long shift monday night and wouldnt have had sufficient time off before assesment…but covering various sites isnt for me…not the price of fuel etc