Wincanton / Morrisons

Just heard on the grapevine that Wincanton are taking over two or three Morrisons sites in the north

Think Wakefield is one according to a lad I know that works there,
Always fancied a job there but they never seem to set on,don’t think I’d want to work for wincanton

I used to know a couple of lads who work at Wakefield on nights. They worked every weekend because their weekend off started on Saturday early hours when they’d done their Friday shift.

sent using smoke signals

Wincanton were involved in Morrison’s I’ll fated foray in convenience stores ( M Local). Morrisons pulled the plug three years into five year contract.

I assume Morrison/Wincanton drivers will have to start unloading there own trucks at stores!

Never understood why all in house apart from Bridgwater (DHL)

ATJT:
Never understood why all in house apart from Bridgwater (DHL)

No it’s not. Bellshill is XPO.

I think DHL look after Sittingbourne

SHYTOT:
I think DHL look after Sittingbourne

Not unless it’s changed very recently. I forgot about XPO in Scotland tbh.

A quote from a mate who works in the warehouse at j41 [They said yesterday that they are taking over transport and vehicle maintenance but not the warehouse.
I heard today that the drivers will just be transferred over and not offered redundancy.]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wolter:
A quote from a mate who works in the warehouse at j41 [They said yesterday that they are taking over transport and vehicle maintenance but not the warehouse.
I heard today that the drivers will just be transferred over and not offered redundancy.]

Be interesting to see what will change. I can’t see Wincanton not messing around with what currently must be the easiest job in the industry.

i worked out of J41 as a contractor some 18 years ago you did 400 km or a 9 hour shift you usually did a local store then a north east or Lincolnshire area job it was a piece of ■■■■ really my mate recons warehouses at J41 will be next outsourced.

Interested to know who you worked for woltor. I did some odd work for Peter Simms about the same time, our paths might have crossed.
Definitely the easiest job I’ve ever done.

sent using smoke signals

3 depots to be run by Wincanton.

lse.co.uk/AllNews.asp?code=i … _Morrisons

Heard Sttingbourne Morrisons maintanence is going to Pullmans?

Ah Pullmans, I think I’ll invest my money in cable tie manufacturing :wink:

My experience on some of their sites has always been that it’s a pretty easy going working environment at Morrisons.

Wincanton will in time turn that into an oppressive, health & safety mad micromanaged one.

I feel for the Morrisons drivers to be honest. Another good number gone.

Pullman’s is owned by Wincanton so it all ties up nicely.

Been told by someone who works at J41 wakefield that Morrison’s drivers have voted to strike[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

mick.mh2racing:
Interested to know who you worked for woltor. I did some odd work for Peter Simms about the same time, our paths might have crossed.
Definitely the easiest job I’ve ever done.

sent using smoke signals[/

wolter:
Been told by someone who works at J41 wakefield that Morrison’s drivers have voted to strike[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Union are very influential at that site.