Wincanton for ASDA - Rochdale

Hi Guys & Galls

Got an interview and assessment with Wincanton for ASDA at Rochdale. Anybody done any work for them/still there? What are the wages? :laughing:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96567

Cheers Waynedl,

Hopefully its changed a little since those posts in 2009! :open_mouth:

cp-waters:
Cheers Waynedl,

Hopefully its changed a little since those posts in 2009! :unamused:

The bottom few posts are from a month ago. Itā€™s still about Ā£9.50. Fresh & frozen deliveries to Asdaā€™s within a small radius.

Donā€™t see the point of this DC, thereā€™s Wakefield, Pontefract, Doncaster on 1 end then Skem, Wigan, Warrington on the other, whatā€™s the point?

Went up to Asda Rochdale last week along with a few other drivers for a Maths, English and drivers hour test. Nobody had there licence entitilment checked and not heard from them since

ZigZag:
Went up to Asda Rochdale last week along with a few other drivers for a Maths, English and drivers hour test. Nobody had there licence entitilment checked and not heard from them since

Theyre not interestedā€¦

I gathered that :cry: Got a few back up interviews lined up this week anyway. Had one today at JW Lees. Was given a bacon butty during interview with coffee and a goody bag to take home that contained a bottle of Marco Pierre White ā€œThe Governorā€ beer and a pint glass :smiley: No job offer at the end of it though :unamused:

ZigZag:
. Was given a bacon butty during interview with coffee and a goody bag to take home that contained a bottle of Marco Pierre White ā€œThe Governorā€ beer and a pint glass :smiley: No job offer at the end of it though :unamused:

Sounds nice, never been to an interview where youā€™re fed & watered:lol:

ZigZag:
I gathered that :cry: Got a few back up interviews lined up this week anyway. Had one today at JW Lees. Was given a bacon butty during interview with coffee and a goody bag to take home that contained a bottle of Marco Pierre White ā€œThe Governorā€ beer and a pint glass :smiley: No job offer at the end of it though :unamused:

WTF :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

seth 70:
WTF :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Ikrā€¦:smiley:

:laughing:

Pimpdaddy:
Donā€™t see the point of this DC, thereā€™s Wakefield, Pontefract, Doncaster on 1 end then Skem, Wigan, Warrington on the other, whatā€™s the point?

Ask Asda, they spent millions on building it. Presumably they had a reason!

What difference does it make to a driver anyway, if thereā€™s a job there and you need one!!

Pimpdaddy:

If I had to hazard a guess, it is to relieve pressure on the others because of all these little ex-Netto stores they now deal with. Maybe they have plans to open more smaller stores going forwards, I donā€™t think Rochdale is even at 50% capacity yet.

rob22888:
If I had to hazard a guess, it is to relieve pressure on the others because of all these little ex-Netto stores they now deal with. Maybe they have plans to open more smaller stores going forwards, I donā€™t think Rochdale is even at 50% capacity yet.

Quiet word from the gov/local authorities to regenerate the area me thinks, with tesco ā€˜recently having moved outā€™ Asda was the next best thing, supermarket glory days are finished so I doubt itā€™ll even run at full capacity unless they shut Wakefield/Skem.

matamoros:
What difference does it make to a driver anyway, if thereā€™s a job there and you need one!!

There are no jobs like ā€˜ZigZagā€™ said otherwise he/she would have one, theyā€™re not interested!

Pimpdaddy:

rob22888:

matamoros:

There are no jobs like ā€˜ZigZagā€™ said otherwise he/she would have one, theyā€™re not interested!

Maybe there are jobs and maybe there arenā€™t, you said you couldnā€™t see the point in the D.C. but I somewhat doubt you are privy to ASDAā€™s development plans.
It is possible that things have changed since the DC was planned but I would hazard a guess that a lot of people at a high level in ASDAā€™s management structure saw some point to it at the planning stage least.