Wincanton containers wage deal

Courtesy of faceaches HGV driver page.
Seems OK to me…

no wonder firms struggle to get full time drivers, that pay is shocking also the ADR bit, if you paid for the training yourself and did ADR each weekday only 30 days out of the year would be profit on the training :laughing:

She can’t be much of a HR manager if she can’t work out that the £10 per day meal allowance should be paid as part of guaranteed holiday pay. Not to pay it is in contravention of the law on holiday pay as it’s a bonus that employees would reasonably expect to receive.

Then again, if Wincanton values its office staff as much as it appear to its drivers, it’s not likely to have the choice of able candidates for the role. £8 per hour FFS.

Can just see the end of the queue of first class drivers for that wedge… :unamused:

I knew they took the ■■■■ out of their staff just had no idea it was this bad, hope they get all the wreckers and no hopers, that’s all they deserve.

Im surprised even the Polish work for this.
No offence intended to our Polish viewers who actually work for this.

I like the 9.54 ovetime rate which isnt even time and a turd of 8 quid.

I know this phrase I used a lot but I wouldn’t get out of bed for that!!

class 1 should be £10p/h minimum! with ADR work adding at least £1-£2.50 to the hourly rate not per sodding day!

Such a shame…Wincanton transport used to be a good company to work for !!..then logistics took over …showing my age now.

I used to get £8ph working in a warehouse 5 years ago.

That is shocking I know stobarts ain’t the best but they give £15 a day tax free meal so why is only £2 tax free for wincanton

That is a pretty pi$$ poor package for blowing 55 hours of your life every average week… :unamused:

jimcab:
Such a shame…Wincanton transport used to be a good company to work for !!..then logistics took over …showing my age now.

Its shocked me aswell pal :open_mouth:

Is it any wonder why drivers vote with their feet and go the agency way with £11 per hour and £16.50 overtime minimum for mon-fri days PAYE! and even more on LTD & Umbrella.
The only stupid people in this industry are the ones who are prepared to work for the likes of wincantons at those paltry rates!

Well,I think that’s pathetic,in this day and age ! I get more than double that,working for Royal Mail,via agency,working afters/early night shift. If I go past a 2 a.m. finish,it’s another £1 an hour for the whole shift.
I work on the basis that if I can’t better a minimum of £100 per shift NET,then I’m not interested. Example: Last week,I averaged £137 per shift, net ! I consider that ALL drivers (class 1) should be on something similar to that,as a base rate.

Am I reading this right, it’s 55 hrs before you get the overtime rate? :open_mouth:

That surprises me, Wincanton really have gone down to the pan as good payers. They are shocking wages.

Looking at the figures I reckon and its only a rough guess that 60 hours per week would have your take home as 500 quid and 70hours to be around the 600+ mark allowing for 4 and 5 nights out respectively.

I was talking to a guy who does the Tesco food delivery van to people’s home last night and he is on £ 9.80 an hour… If I remember correctly he does 40 hours before he is on overtime… At time and a third.

Wincanton pay differant rates on differant jobs which is wrong the contract I’m on for Wincanton is £10.35 an hour and time and a half after 40 so they still pay ok just depends on what job your on

Like above different contracts pay different rates, I spoke to a screwfix driver the other day he was on £11.00 ph pluss overtime after 48 hrs, Rates are poor across most sectors of Hgv work for the crap we all have to put up with, when you work for the big boys expect to get shafted, all you can do is find another trade to train up in, if you have any money left,

Look on the bright side, the rate at which HGV drivers wages are declining in a few years time people will be posting on here how they wish they had gone to work for Wincanton when there was jobs at such good rates :wink: So grab one now I say