Wincanton / Agency?

I put my CV into Wincanton for working around Donny, I received a call back today and was told that I would be working at various sites but full time, to me sounds like agency working
In reality that wouldn’t bother me, but only thing was, I could work Mon to fri, Ok there, BUT ! if I had to stand down say on a Tuesday, I would have to work Sat.
Big prob there for me, I have my son weekends, so nothing is going to make me work sat, which I explained to the bloke, he understood

So ok full time employment, but probably have to work weekends, so not for me.

Has anyone else had similar calls after sending in their CV’s ■■

Is Wincanton having a internal agency structure ?

Hi i currently work for wincanton on this type of contract its called wincanton one fleet. I am contracted to 50 hour week any 5 out of 7 any hours days evening nights etc. I work in the north west and could be sent anywhere within a 50 mile radius for there clients ie co op/comet/matalan/heinz/gsk/addidaz/whsmith/wavin. So far in 4 months i have only been at 2 depots and worked no weekends when you start they ask your preference of hours i asked monday to friday early mornings and so far so good been given mostly this i hardly ever do me 50 hours (depends were your sent) and still get paid full 50 hours.Dont no what this would be like for your area like. I enjoy this job at the min after leaving my old job of traveling a 80 mile round trip a day after 12 hour days so this is a piece of cake for me all depends on your situation and were about in the country you are hope this gives a clear picture for you.

There are cons like all places so you have to watch out for them and read your contracts properly :smiley:
Any questions please feel free to ask.

PinkLadyTrucker:
I put my CV into Wincanton for working around Donny, I received a call back today and was told that I would be working at various sites but full time, to me sounds like agency working
In reality that wouldn’t bother me, but only thing was, I could work Mon to fri, Ok there, BUT ! if I had to stand down say on a Tuesday, I would have to work Sat.
Big prob there for me, I have my son weekends, so nothing is going to make me work sat, which I explained to the bloke, he understood

So ok full time employment, but probably have to work weekends, so not for me.

Has anyone else had similar calls after sending in their CV’s ■■

Is Wincanton having a internal agency structure ?

What about if they provided childcare and maybe a car to get you there would that be ok??

bobbya:
What about if they provided childcare and maybe a car to get you there would that be ok??

Great Idea, But I want to spend time with my Son, as its the ONLY time I get, he is 10 and in the last 5 yrs, I have missed 75% of what I used to have which was 100% contact (was still with the now EX) So basically, I’m sort of classed as the absent partner due to No fault of my own, and £16,000 lighter to get what contact I have, plus all the monetary loss I have had to loose due to unable to work at certain times / days

Thanks Mateddy41, at least its clearer now :unamused: The bloke didnt seem to know everything, which gave me the impression of a agency, I cannot risk the slightest chance that I may have to work weekends, its diff If I was able to collect my son and take him with me, But at least others now will have a clearer idea of whats its all about :slight_smile:

Hello Pink Lady,

Have you tried Next and the places around the industrial estate up there,Ive been out of it for over 3 yrs now so not that clued up.Or what about DHHELL I think they run the Sainsbury contract over at Sherburn .

Im down in Ferrybridge not far from you,and back in time I used to get quite a bit of work out of there from agy in wakefield not sure if the same agy still have the contract for next. I could mostly pick and choose my days.

cheers.

thecoder0:
Hello Pink Lady,

Have you tried Next and the places around the industrial estate up there,Ive been out of it for over 3 yrs now so not that clued up.Or what about DHHELL I think they run the Sainsbury contract over at Sherburn .

Im down in Ferrybridge not far from you,and back in time I used to get quite a bit of work out of there from agy in wakefield not sure if the same agy still have the contract for next. I could mostly pick and choose my days.

cheers.

Im on agency at the mo, and doing ok, What I’m looking for is full time work, Mon to Fri even tramping

Re Next, I spoke to one of their assessors when I was doing a internal transfer delivery, He told me that the agency drivers have to be driving for them for at least 1 yr before they would be considered to be taken on, I’m not desperate yet to apply to Reed Bordal and the likes just yet :laughing:

Okey doke :smiley:

Who are the decent agys round our way now ? I used to use Topgear but dont see that add in the local paper they used to put in,so assume they lost Next contract …mind you they were pretty good with old BS i must say :smiley:

I used to do some trunking runs for Next on nights which were good earners,and an absolute doddle , seem to remember you could get some long hours in due to being sat around the drivers waiting room waiting for the planners to get their stuff sorted,then pull a Motherwell or something :unamused: :unamused:

thecoder0:
Okey doke :smiley:

Who are the decent agys round our way now ? I used to use Topgear but dont see that add in the local paper they used to put in,so assume they lost Next contract …mind you they were pretty good with old BS i must say :smiley:

I used to do some trunking runs for Next on nights which were good earners,and an absolute doddle , seem to remember you could get some long hours in due to being sat around the drivers waiting room waiting for the planners to get their stuff sorted,then pull a Motherwell or something :unamused: :unamused:

You may be better making a new thread, personally, I have only gone to one other agency Driver Plus who insisted that I go to LTD or Umbrella, both I wont be doing, Not had one call from them at all, so probably they are Cowboys, seemed that way with their bad practice in the office.
I’m currently with Drivers connect from Nothampton who have the contract where i am.

Cheers PLT,Just spoke to Topgear and they did loose the contract

Thecoder shame they lost that contract the trunk runs were easy money especially Dunstable where you sat for about 6 hours tipping and reloading lol!!!