wilton bridge

whats the point in having warning signs on bridge if you get turn round warning when trailer is only 13’6’’ :imp: twic this week been told to turn round or use centre of road.
why are sensers close to bridge anyway, would have been better a couple of miles down road with room to turn round? :smiley:.
have been driving under this bridge for over ten years but have just moved back into area(new forest).

or use centre of road

Isn’t that the point? If I remember correctly the bridge on the A36 at Wilton is a) an arch and b) on a nasty bend, so pulling out in plenty of time rather than finding out the hard way when it’s too late to pull out seems pretty sensible. :bulb:

I agree that if you are actually overheight it isn’t much use…but then it’s well signed for miles before you get to it anyway, so any overheight vehicles are only there because they were too dim to look, in which case it’s just a last ditch attempt to stop them trying to drive into it!!! :open_mouth: :unamused:

it flashes at me with a height of 11’6. no wonder it gets hit so often when it warns EVERY truck. its a bit like the boy who cried wolf :unamused: