William Gilder Tankers

Evening all

Wondering if anyone knows anything about this company, the usual questions, pay,hours, conditions??

I know they tramp all week which is no problem to me as that is what I am looking for.

Also looking at Charles Russell in Cheltenham too, I have sent a CV off to them today.

The boss posted this on the companies Facebook page a while back. Take it as you will:

Update on post,
most of the comments have been positive, but as usual you have the small minority who use it as a platform for slagging of employers.
We are looking for more drivers as we have more work, not a mass exodus.
The pay is a take home amount, the gross is about £850. Unfortunately to my dismay I ask for drivers with a brain, as quite clearly some of the keyboard warriors don’t and I get criticised!!!
We have an excellent team of drivers and if I could pay them more, I would.
I have had at least 15 good enquiries who may prove positive.
Those of you who can earn a £1000 a week, good luck to you, let me know I might apply for a job as well.
To those of you who think I am an arrogant ■■■■■ please call in any day, you will probably find me shovelling ■■■■, picking up litter that drivers just chuck out of there windows and cleaning the loos in our truck stop as some and repeat some drivers find it acceptable to ■■■■ in the showers, life at the top is not all it seems. Will G
Thanks for all the positive comments, you guys are welcome any day, to the haters prefer if you stayed away.

Yet again we are looking for drivers, away all week, we will pay, take home in excess of £600 for 5 days and 4 nights out, Friday nights and Saturdays are extra. Same rules apply, workers not shirkers , full day’s pay for a full day’s work, Friday is the same as Monday!!!
Previous employees can apply if they have changed their attitude.
Training can and will be given.
Previous experience is not necessary, but an advantage.
We do not do, general haulage, we do not operate fridges or curtains, we run tankers carrying non hazardous waste.
Good kit to drive and operate.
Very important, please note this is not a steering wheel attendant job, you will need a brain.
Although vacuum tankers may appear difficult to use, they are not, you just need to use your head.
We already have an excellent team of drivers, who will vouch for my words.

Apply William Gilder

Can’t say farer than that.

Like his style, sounds like a good boss, no nonsense!

I’m not looking but if I was then his apparent no nonsense approach would appeal to me.

the maoster:
I’m not looking but if I was then his apparent no nonsense approach would appeal to me.

short walk:
Like his style, sounds like a good boss, no nonsense!

dreamingofoz:
Can’t say farer than that.

Yep.

I love the way he puts on his advert that you need a brain. As if he’s implying some lorry drivers don’t have one… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bet he’s one of those bosses who’s actually a top and fair bloke if you get your head down and do the job the company ask you to do but if your a ■■■■ taker and get on the wrong side of him he will be absolutely knob with you. I like bosses like that.

Also sounds like if you show you can be left alone to crack on you’ll be… left alone to crack on…

Note the positive reaction by those on here and the lack of corporate buzzword ■■■■■■■■ in the adverts. Perhaps there is a link…

In the interests of balance, it may be of interest that the Gilders’ are on first name terms with the TC…

“A fair days pay for a fair days work”. Your interpretation of “fair day” may not be similar to Mr Gilders…

Many of Gilders’ trucks are “of an advancing age”, conveniently only requiring the fitment of an analogue tacho device. …

I have no beef with them, and if working for an old school family firm suits you, they are by all accounts good to work for. But with old school, come certain work habits which may not suit all…

Dickynick got it so right about ■■■■■■■■■■ cos I think that is a lot of what they carry along with the solids!

If i wanted nights out and looking for a job i too like the sound of it.

No steering wheel attendants employed, so manual gearboxes all round (bliss) and not a cat in hells chance of them needing or considering fitting driver facing cameras, presumably :wink:

Just looked at their website, the fella in the pic is wearing dealer boots and leaning against a lorry. Gotta say, he looks like the kind of man I’d get along with.