Willi Betz UK

Does anyone on here know anything about betz on Toyota?
I’ve heared all the rumours but does anyone know anything for a fact?
i.e. quid per hour, take home pay, hours, shift rotation etc…

Failing that, anyone know of any decent jobs going in the midlands area with decent money?

the drivers are british working for an agency ,the lorrys are parked in HATTON IND EST just off the A50 (come of A50 follow A516 for HATTON ) duch registerd trucks left and right hand drive, ina bit of a shabby state last time i saw them . the name of the agency is PEGASUS RECRUITMENT if i remember correctley but its been a while since ive bin down there

keith ( kw ) might be able to help he’s on with betz in belgium he might be able to find a few facts out.

where in the midlands are you pugwash.

also welcome to trucknet

jon

Thanks Jon, i’ve been looking at the site for a while now. I live in a tiny little hamlet known locally as Brownhills.

i thought betz was operating aroud the corner from you in shenstone. i applied then come to my senses about how far i have to travel each day.

think i deleted the e mail i’ll have a look

jon

brownhills, i could hit that with a brick from here! :laughing: :wink:

heres an old fashioned account about brownhills on a chasewater bird site, I thought it was funny pugwash, hope you do too! he treid to describe cannock, but words failerd him, so they tell me!

Charles G. Harper writes in his book The Holyhead Road ( published in 1902) a
vivid description of the area immediately south of Norton Pool:
We have reached that abomination of desolation called Brownhills. Words are
ineffectually employed to describe the hateful, blighted scene, but imagine a wide
and dreary stretch of common land surrounded by the scattered, dirty and decrepit
cottages of the semi-savage population of nail makers and pitmen, with here and
there a school, a woe-begone chapel, a tin tabernacle, and a plentiful sprinkling of
public houses. Further imagine the grass of this wide spreading common to be as
brown, and innutritious as it is possible for grass to be, and with an extra-ordinary
wealth of scrap iron, tin clippings, broken glass, and brick-bats deposited over
every square yard, and all around it the ghastly refuse heaps of long abandoned
mines. Finally clap a railway embankment and station midway across the common, and there you have a dim adumbration of what Brownhills is like.

betz is up on fradley for certain jon.

As i’m not born and bred in Brownhills i think i can say thats a fair old description Mal and I see nothings changed much since 1902, apart from a few houses going up.
Betz runs out of Shenstone Jon, i’m told they pay £8 per hour depending on what shift you do it can rise to £10 per hour after 6pm.
I’ve been off the sceen for a while and not been taking much notice of the rates so does this seem a fair rate?
Same shifts everyday, no nights out, take your own lunch and flask and all that.
Oh, and left ■■■■■■ mercs, different one everyday i presume.
Much prefer my own motor but beggars cant be choosers.

I was tempted to betz myself when they advertised, but i still dont have my license back, I think it aint a too bad rate, I was surprised really since betz has got such a bad name as a cheapskate!

I have just had my truck washed courtesy of Mr Betz :stuck_out_tongue: I was talking to the lads there as we were waiting. Most of the drivers came off EXEL when they lost the contract. There are a few agency guys on there at the moment, but the lads at WB are better off with working conditions.

EXEL lost the contract with Toyota because they were unwilling to spend money on equipment

There is a new depot being built at Barton Turn but at the moment the office is in Shenstone and parking at Hilton

Wheel Nut:
EXEL lost the contract with Toyota because they were unwilling to spend money on equipment

That’s how Exel lose every contract. I’ve seen them sending clapped out old style Mercs with a driver in the cab sitting on a seat held up by breezeblocks before. They run some really ropey old kit and are surprised when they lose the customers.

Conor:

Wheel Nut:

That’s how Exel lose every contract. I’ve seen them sending clapped out old style Mercs with a driver in the cab sitting on a seat held up by breezeblocks before. They run some really ropey old kit and are surprised when they lose the customers.

I have just opened my post and got a letter about a new contract we have won. EXEL have lost that through refusing to invest in new equipment :question:

Another two bob company I know have just bought one of the most profitable bits of Exels empire, which was the remains of Tankfreight