Will supermarket trunking be affected by cabbotage rules?

Now that brexit seems to have been kicked in the long grass, it looks like we need to prepare for some major chances in the transport business. I have already seen a marked increase in Bulgarian registered right hand drive trucks operating here, and if as expected, cabbotage rules are relaxed, will British drivers be better off seeking work with east Europe based companies, to drive locally in Britain?

only if you have a preferance for bread and cold cabbage as thats about all your wages will buy you when your having your camion stew with whoevers double manning with you…remember you will need at least 1 wife beater vest and a pair of socks with several holes in them to blend in…and a can of instant oxter guff spray so that blind flipflop drivers will recognise you. :slight_smile:

Good to see tnd trying to give a few trolls a lesson in the fine art :laughing:

Just waiting for a carryfast rant complete with tinfoil helmet :stuck_out_tongue:

Norway not in EU but there no any restriction.All depend from you MP.Now no to much load from Uk to EU.Due this reasons foreigh truck take load from north to London area RDC.Better do this by cheap price that run back to Dover empty.

Andrejs:
Norway not in EU but there no any restriction.All depend from you MP.Now no to much load from Uk to EU.Due this reasons foreigh truck take load from north to London area RDC.Better do this by cheap price that run back to Dover empty.

Inderdaad. Thank you please.

the nodding donkey:
Now that brexit seems to have been kicked in the long grass, it looks like we need to prepare for some major chances in the transport business. I have already seen a marked increase in Bulgarian registered right hand drive trucks operating here, and if as expected, cabbotage rules are relaxed, will British drivers be better off seeking work with east Europe based companies, to drive locally in Britain?

I’m more than happy to stick with my present company thanks all the same.

They were going to get rid of Cabotage a few years ago, protests from the Netherlands, Sweden and France stopped that, but even then the EU powers that be, still stated their wish was the removal of all cross border transport restrictions. This new idea looks like a new way to present it, maybe those that stopped it last time will stop it again, but you can even sure that the FTA, RHA will do nothing, as for the former some of its members are users of transport services, so it’s in thier benefit to get cheap transport.
Of course it’s unlikely that most of the cost savings will be passed onto the consumer, that’ll will go to the shareholders.

Andrejs:

From my experience (granted I only see a small part of the overall picture) there is more UK export recently. With the pound falling Eu wants to buy our goods. Won’t be long lived tho.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

the nodding donkey:

Andrejs:

Norway is an EEA member state which is effectively the same thing as EU.Which is a foregone conclusion as to where we’re heading and was always going to be the remainers insurance policy if they lost the referendum.On that note the removal of cabotage restrictions fits the definition of the single market and is therefore an inevitable result of that and it’s obvious that the move would hit the trunking sectors most.Although hub type operations would probably be more immune from that.

ha, ha worrying a Bulgarian is going to take your job , you must be ■■■■ , :laughing: :laughing:

Cabbotage was there to protect the British market falling…it hasnt worked, and never ever affected Uk internal trucks anyway so NO any supermarket work will not be affected, its only for people like me who drives a right hand drive truck…on bulgarian registration…but wont affect me as we only bring goods to the uk…re-load once, and ship out again.

truckyboy:
Cabbotage was there to protect the British market falling…it hasnt worked, and never ever affected Uk internal trucks anyway so NO any supermarket work will not be affected, its only for people like me who drives a right hand drive truck…on bulgarian registration…but wont affect me as we only bring goods to the uk…re-load once, and ship out again.

:confused:

Cabotage is all about ‘internal’/domestic work being done by foreign based operators.In this case obviously on the basis of the lowest cost base ( East Euro ) states operating in the most lucrative developed ( West Euro ) ones.

The fact is cabotage restrictions are all that’s stopping most of the domestic haulage sector going the same way as our international one.Bearing in mind that even the present issue of third country international operations is still a form of cabotage and which has done most of the damage to our international sector.While they’d obviously have to totally remove them first before you could possibly say that it would supposedly have no ‘effect’ on the domestic haulage market and UK based operations.

Carryfast:

the nodding donkey:

Andrejs:

Norway is an EEA member state which is effectively the same thing as EU.Which is a foregone conclusion as to where we’re heading and was always going to be the remainers insurance policy if they lost the referendum.On that note the removal of cabotage restrictions fits the definition of the single market and is therefore an inevitable result of that and it’s obvious that the move would hit the trunking sectors most.Although hub type operations would probably be more immune from that.

UK newer full leave EEA.May be leave but will be in partnership or simeral.Uk newer will full independed from.EU.

Franglais:

Andrejs:

From my experience (granted I only see a small part of the overall picture) there is more UK export recently. With the pound falling Eu wants to buy our goods. Won’t be long lived tho.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

But why so much truck leave Uk empty?

Andrejs:

Possibly because…

The driver(s) don’t get paid anything if they’re empty, which is what a lot of these ex commie pinko countries do. Add the low cost fuel they’ve been running on since they left Moldova/Romania/Ukraine or where ever else Mr Putin wants to plant a flag and the running costs are much much lower.

Mr Betz used to park three of his teams up outside a factory in Manchester for 3 days whilst the product was being made. They all sat there for days doing nothing whilst geting paid ■■■■ all.

Andrejs:

Because with cross Party support for the status quo of free markets we’re lumbered with an unarguable trade deficit situation in our trading relationship with Europe.To the point where we’ve got Labour shouting about British jobs for British workers while at the same time supporting staying with the single EU market.Rather than knock it on the head by supporting hard Brexit and then go for a protectionist rather than free markets economic policy.As opposed to what we’ve got of foreign international operators moving Brit imports from Europe.In which case we get the lose lose situation of not only losing manufacturing jobs here to foreign workers but also road transport jobs too.Let alone if/when the inevitable lifting of cabotage restrictions is added to that situation. :unamused:

Carryfast:
Norway is an EEA member state which is effectively the same thing as EU.Which is a foregone conclusion as to where we’re heading and was always going to be the remainers insurance policy if they lost the referendum.

Remainers insurance policy? Farage was selling it as the best place we could be during the leave campaign.

del trotter:

Carryfast:
Norway is an EEA member state which is effectively the same thing as EU.Which is a foregone conclusion as to where we’re heading and was always going to be the remainers insurance policy if they lost the referendum.

Remainers insurance policy? Farage was selling it as the best place we could be during the leave campaign.

The Leave campaign was clearly that of so called hard Brexit not following the Norwegian model to the letter.While the examples of Norway and Switzerland were just that examples.Not that we couldn’t do it much better than either,by totally breaking the EU’s blackmail of trade for sovereignty.At which point both Norway and Switzerland would have also obviously toughened up their stance by tearing up their respective EEA and post EEA treaties anyway.Bearing in mind the ongoing arguments within Switzerland at least,which are no different to those here,regarding their relationship with the EU under their post EEA ‘agreements’.Switzerland already having left the EEA for that reason.While what is certain is that,contrary to Labour’s bs,our single market trading relationship with Europe isn’t good for Brit workers whether in the manufacturing sector or transport.Let alone if ( when ) cabotage restrictions are inevitably removed as part of that.

On that note are you really suggesting that the EU wouldn’t fold at the first sight of a trade war with two net importers of its products in the form of us and Switzerland and another which is massive supplier of essential raw materials and oil to it.

yourhavingalarf:

Andrejs:

Possibly because…

The driver(s) don’t get paid anything if they’re empty, which is what a lot of these ex commie pinko countries do. Add the low cost fuel they’ve been running on since they left Moldova/Romania/Ukraine or where ever else Mr Putin wants to plant a flag and the running costs are much much lower.

Mr Betz used to park three of his teams up outside a factory in Manchester for 3 days whilst the product was being made. They all sat there for days doing nothing whilst geting paid [zb] all.

One from cheap diesel now in Belgium,Spain,Italy.