Will Smith getting some stick in media

Harry Monk:

simcor:
And if anything it has highlighted alopecia and the struggles women have with it. Humour can be a good way of making people’s awareness of a subject heightened.

Yes, I imagine most women would appreciate being humiliated about a self-confidence destroying medical condition in front of millions of people on live television.

I agree it was in poor taste, you could tell that by the audience response and groans.

I also don’t think it is right to humiliate another person especially on live TV, but the Oscars is always the same with some roasting of someone in the audience, in fact the Americans do a lot of roasting of celebs in a lot of programs as they call it.

But it has certainly got people talking about it a lot more who might not otherwise.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Harry Monk:

simcor:
And if anything it has highlighted alopecia and the struggles women have with it. Humour can be a good way of making people’s awareness of a subject heightened.

Yes, I imagine most women would appreciate being humiliated about a self-confidence destroying medical condition in front of millions of people on live television.

It looks that way Harry,.
And apparentlly most men (except those who are ‘a bit outdated’ of course) would just sit back quietly, ignore it and allow it to go on. :neutral_face: :smiley: …oh yeh and wait for the woman to stand up and defend herself.

Rob has it right it’s a generation thing ,us older ones were brought up to protect our wife’s honour, same as our kids / families , I’d of hit him , then kicked him in the head a few times
As for what happens next , I spent most of my younger years fighting at the football / down town on a weekend & never gave it a second thought of what the consequences could be , standing up for the wife is all I’d be bothered about

If I had alopecia and it bothered me, I’d wear a wig. If it didn’t, I’d rock the Jada look and people say what they say.

I’m with Ricky Gervais though who said he’d not have made a joke about her hair loss, but he would about her boyfriend or open marriage.

Comedy is always going to get close to the bone, how close can be a matter of perception but comedy that plays safe is generally tediously pc. Anyone famous attending ding Oscars/ Holsen Globes knows what’s going to happen.

And if I’d been Jada I’d have been more upset with Will than Chris.