Will Smith getting some stick in media

robroy:

simcor:

robroy:
@simcor.
Ok…So if I met you and your Mrs in a pub,.and made some sort of crass comment out loud about some kind of obvious medical condition that she had, and was sensitive about, or even a comment about her physical appearance, where everybody in the pub heard and laughed,.and your Mrs was clearly hurt and humiliated (publicly!) by my comnent, you would have been so angry that you would have…

Come back at me with some stunning repartee worthy of Oscar Wilde eh?
Aye right you obviously come from a different area that I do. :smiley:

Hypothetical crap. We are talking about what happened there at the Oscars with 2 “celebs” on a live TV show.

Completely different scenarios.

[emoji38]
Hypothetical…definitely.
Crap…may well be.
But nice cop out instead of answering the question.
I’ll assume that my conclusion of my ‘hypothetical crap’ is true then.
Where as I would more than likely have gone down the Will Smith route.
Cheers.

Aye if you like Rob, you just like to get offended on other people’s behalf for some very strange reason, then make it about people who it isn’t about, and situations that are hypothetical.

I commented on the fact that what he did was disproportionate and out of order.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Offended? :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:
Do explain please.
I merely started a thread commenting on a news item that was widely reported, and asked for opinions on what others would do in a similar scenario, and their thoughts on Smith getting criticism for defending his Mrs…on Bullys which is designed for stuff like this, ie, non trucking items. :bulb:
I thought I’d already ckarified that, but clearly not.
As for offence, why tf would I be offended still don’t get it. :neutral_face:

You are offended by people having an opposing view to yourself in every post you ever make. You make every post about you or someone else instead of talking about the subject as it is.

It’s fine we’ve asserted your dominance as the alpha male, strutting around with his feathers on show rob it’s fine.

Also the male chuavanistic view of women being inferior and needing some strong bloke to get in a fight for them is a little outdated mate.

simcor:
You are offended by people having an opposing view to yourself in every post you ever make. You make every post about you or someone else instead of talking about the subject as it is.

It’s fine we’ve asserted your dominance as the alpha male, strutting around with his feathers on show rob it’s fine.

Also the male chuavanistic view of women being inferior and needing some strong bloke to get in a fight for them is a little outdated mate.

Nice to see you spend so much time analysing me, I’m flattered, but Jeeez, I hope you’re a better driver than you are a ■■■■■■ analyst though, for all our sakes on the road.

Anyhoo, if you are prepared to stand there and let some guy insult your partner (in a hypothetical scenario obviously :smiley: ) I would not be, so I think I’d prefer to be ‘‘outdated’’, if only to maintain a bit of pride…just saying like. :wink:

Just admit it, I get under your skin. :sunglasses:

robroy:

simcor:

Nice to see you spend so much time analysing me, I’m flattered, but Jeeez, I hope you’re a better driver than you are a ■■■■■■ analyst though, for all our sakes on the road.

Anyhoo, if you are prepared to stand there and let some guy insult your partner (in a hypothetical scenario obviously :smiley: ) I would not be, so I think I’d prefer to be ‘‘outdated’’, if only to maintain a bit of pride…just saying like. :wink:

Just admit it, I get under your skin. :sunglasses:

Yep your kind of like a rash people just can’t get rid of Rob.

The point is it was a bloody joke that she looked like demi as GI Jane. Not about her alopecia condition. If you think that is worth scrapping for and in your case most likely getting arrested and charged good on ya pal.

Wow…if you think that, simple remedy … just ignore my posts instead of responding :bulb:
Either way I certainly ain’t fussed as you don’t come on my register as I evidently do yours

Just read back your analysis of the situation, the whole reason for her having a bald head and prompting his comment WAS her condition, surely you can see that.
You could see by her face that she was offended and felt humiliated, which is why Smith (rightly or wrongly ) jumped in to defend her.
The way I see it he initially took it as a joke as he was smiling…until he saw his wife’s reaction
If she had shaved it all off through choice of hairstyle, then your comment would be accurate.
I notice you still have not answered my question about how you would have dealt with a similar situation, maybe if your wife had a rash for instance…hey!, maybe caused by reading all my posts. :smiley:

Maybe it’s you who gets all arsey when you ain’t agreed with…just saying like.

Oh Rob take it as light hearted humour man FFS.

Yes I understand totally that her condition causes the hair loss, but alopecia wasn’t mentioned only her hair cut which is a bit different to taking the ■■■■ out of someone with alopecia.

simcor:

Yes I understand totally that her condition causes the hair loss, but alopecia wasn’t mentioned only her hair cut which is a bit different to taking the ■■■■ out of someone with alopecia.

Ahh the old ‘‘I was only joking man’’ when called out, proven wrong and backed in a corner.

Ok we’ll leave it there…look after that rash btw. :wink: :smiley:

I was on about the rash comment FFS man. It was meant in jest.

Sheesh and you say I over analyze stuff.

Ah right., so we didn’t leave it there after all. :neutral_face: :smiley:

I wonder how Chris Rock would react if I asked him in front of hundreds of people how living in a big house in America compared to living in a tree in the jungle. I mean, it’s just humour, innit?

robroy:

simcor:

Ahh the old ‘‘I was only joking man’’ when called out, proven wrong and backed in a corner.

You see things as very back or white Rob never an in-between. How I would handle that situation myself is still irrelevant as it wasn’t me and it wasnt you in this instance.

The only people who have any real say in it are the 3 people affected by it.

How do you know how just how upset she was by the joke? She rolled her eyes back and looked a bit peeved hardly like she was overly upset about it, and if she was that upset about it she could have dealt with it herself.

simcor:

robroy:

simcor:

You see things as very back or white Rob never an in-between. How I would handle that situation myself is still irrelevant as it wasn’t me and it wasnt you in this instance.

How do you know how just how upset she was by the joke? She rolled her eyes back and looked a bit peeved hardly like she was overly upset about it, and if she was that upset about it she could have dealt with it herself.

You’re wanting to start again ? :open_mouth:
Ok then. :neutral_face:
Of course I don’t ‘‘KNOW’’ how upset she was, I formed an opinion by her reaction that is all.

No she did not deal with him herself, neither would my Mrs,.she does not like confrontation, so maybe she (Mrs Smith) is as ‘‘outdated’’ as you say I am,.and expected her male partner to defend her against another (gobby) male which appears alien to you, :neutral_face: where as I would defend my wife to the last breath, evidently you think that is out of order…but there I go again eh? ‘’‘me me me me me’'. Apha male strutting around showing me feathers. :sunglasses: :laughing:

Dunno why Will got involved anyway, Jada can fight her own battles, she is a skinhead after all.

robroy:

simcor:

robroy:

simcor:

You’re wanting to start again ? :open_mouth:
Ok then. :neutral_face:
Of course I don’t ‘‘KNOW’’ how upset she was, I formed an opinion by her reaction that is all.

No she did not deal with him herself, neither would my Mrs,.she does not like confrontation, so maybe she (Mrs Smith) is as ‘‘outdated’’ as you say I am,.and expected her male partner to defend her against another (gobby) male which appears alien to you, :neutral_face: where as I would defend my wife to the last breath, evidently you think that is out of order…but there I go again eh? ‘’‘me me me me me’'. Apha male strutting around showing me feathers. :sunglasses: [emoji38]

Again jumping to conclusions there a bit Rob.

Did I say you were out of order? Nope don’t think I did.

I said he was out of order doing that on live TV and dropping the f bomb twice in full public view and audience view. You could already hear a lot didn’t find it funny in the audience.

But I also had no idea like a great deal of others possibly didn’t that she had alopecia either. Then again I don’t follow celebs and have that much interest in their life.

Have a look at the chat show she does where her and will talk about their open marriage and she how she treats his questions. And answers them. Tells you a lot about the person. I’m sure I even saw something that said he wanted a divorce and she refused to give him one. After all she had an “entanglement” with this August bloke not an affair.

There is probably a lot more going on under the surface there.

the maoster:
Dunno why Will got involved anyway, Jada can fight her own battles, she is a skinhead after all.

Don’t be so crass sir. Alopecia is not a joking matter. I hope you are suitably ashamed of your actions [emoji12]

Not a bit my man :wink: the harming of children, animals or non combatants is off limits, everything else is fair game.

simcor:

I said he was out of order doing that on live TV and dropping the f bomb twice in full public view and audience view. You could already hear a lot didn’t find it funny in the audience.

But I also had no idea like a great deal of others possibly didn’t that she had alopecia either. Then again I don’t follow celebs and have that much interest in their life.

Have a look at the chat show she does where her and will talk about their open marriage and she how she treats his questions. And answers them. Tells you a lot about the person. I’m sure I even saw something that said he wanted a divorce and she refused to give him one. After all she had an “entanglement” with this August bloke not an affair.

For somebody who doesn’t follow celebrities, and who has no interest, you sure as hell know more about them than me. :neutral_face:
All.I knew about Smith was, that he was in a couple of films and sang ‘Boom boom shake the room’ :unamused: :smiley:
As for his Mrs,?..didnt even know she existed until I saw the event on the news,.that prompted me to comment.
As for her alopecia,.as far as I have heard it was common knowledge in the Hollywood fraternity,.apparentlly she made blogs about it to help other victims of the condition I have since heard,.again which was apparently common knowledge I their world.
As for her indiscretions, misdemeanors,.and the state of her marriage… Wtf has that got to do with the price of fish.■■ :unamused:
They were at an event as a COUPLE , when one gob ■■■■■ publicly humiliated her,.he jumped to her defence as ANY male would (or so I thought anyway)

robroy:

simcor:

For somebody who doesn’t follow celebrities, and who has no interest, you sure as hell know more about them than me. :neutral_face:
All.I knew about Smith was, that he was in a couple of films and sang ‘Boom boom shake the room’ :unamused: :smiley:
As for his Mrs,?..didnt even know she existed until I saw the event on the news,.that prompted me to comment.
As for her alopecia,.as far as I have heard it was common knowledge in the Hollywood fraternity,.apparentlly she made blogs about it to help other victims of the condition I have since heard,.again which was apparently common knowledge I their world.
As for her indiscretions, misdemeanors,.and the state of her marriage… Wtf has that got to do with the price of fish.■■ :unamused:
They were at an event as a COUPLE , when one gob [zb] publicly humiliated her,.he jumped to her defence as ANY male would (or so I thought anyway)

It’s only all this business that has made me take any interest in them and what has been going on. I’m just saying there is probably a lot more going on under the surface.

And if anything it has highlighted alopecia and the struggles women have with it. Humour can be a good way of making people’s awareness of a subject heightened.

simcor:
And if anything it has highlighted alopecia and the struggles women have with it. Humour can be a good way of making people’s awareness of a subject heightened.

Yes, I imagine most women would appreciate being humiliated about a self-confidence destroying medical condition in front of millions of people on live television.