Will my Experience help me?

Hey guys

I am thinking very hard at the moment about doing my class 1 and 2, I am currently a coach driver and have been for 11 years (also started on the buses for 10 months, which was 10 months too long lol) What I’m wondering is,will my 11 years as a full time coach driver help me gain a decent job?

I completely understand I have zero experience in haulage industry but surely 11 years spent on the road doing 60-70 hours must help?? Will it■■?

Also, as a cheeky second question, how hard do you think the transition from coach to truck will be? I’m thinking class 2 should be an easy switch and class 1 not so much :frowning: I’m talking actual driving them and not all the procedures etc involved in haulage.

any responses appreciated

thanks

Hi. Yes, your experience will certainly shorten the training needed for CAT C. Ring round and book 2 or 3 assessments and see who comes out as your favourite.

When going for work, it’s getting a little easier for everyone now and your experience wont do you any harm - though it may not always be counted.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

You’ll find the main difference will be a) the load will not be moaning at you & b) you can safely ignore bus-stops in future :open_mouth: Enjoy the change…

I drove buses for 5 years before getting my hgvs and when I said I had experience of large vehicles I got told it didnt count as it was different. The fact buses are harder to drive then trucks was irrelevent.

The-Snowman:
I drove buses for 5 years before getting my hgvs and when I said I had experience of large vehicles I got told it didnt count as it was different. The fact buses are harder to drive then trucks was irrelevent.

yer thats what I was thinking being a newbie class 2 driver how you bus drivers can drive in towns with the public as you load baffles me Hats off to you , it looks a tough job But I have seen some weird looking ones :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: bus drivers that is :laughing: :laughing: