Will I need to have a medical?

I’ve just checked on the .gov website and my retirement age is apparently 66 years 10 months. The idea being I suppose that I should be in better shape than someone retiring this year. If that is what they think then I hope that the requirement for me to have an annual medical will not start until I am 66 and 10 months.

It’s not just the cost of the medical, it’s the inconvenience and the extra costs as well. Also if the medical at 65 finds that I’m not fit to drive professionally should I be allowed the pension? Well I think so.

Eric Rambler:
I’ve just checked on the .gov website and my retirement age is apparently 66 years 10 months. The idea being I suppose that I should be in better shape than someone retiring this year. If that is what they think then I hope that the requirement for me to have an annual medical will not start until I am 66 and 10 months.

It’s not just the cost of the medical, it’s the inconvenience and the extra costs as well. Also if the medical at 65 finds that I’m not fit to drive professionally should I be allowed the pension? Well I think so.

The LGV yearly medical will stay at age 65 and not go up to the state pension age - got that from my MP when I enquired about a year or so ago