Will I make it?

dozy:

axletramp:
If you get a quickish tip don’t waste driving time sat in traffic.
Park up while later when things have calmed down.
Or have a night out…

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: another one without a life

Say the “person” who is the only driver who works 30 hours a day either trying to work out which end of the truck you sit in,getting lost,or posting complete toss on here all week,and you have the bloody cheek to say what you did to someone,who unlike yourself everyday"where’s this where’s that what do I do now?".
At least the OP posted a genuine question for those who know the area better as to prepare for a night out or not.
Does make you wonder sometimes.

Redrum:
Sounding as if the general consensus is that I’ll be very lucky to do it, I’ve packed for the night anyway. I think I’ll have a better idea once I get there and get tipped and like you say could decide to leave it a little later before leaving, but I’m definitely expecting to have to stay the night :frowning:

I think I’ll probably pick a layby or an industrial estate for parking, It would pain me to pay the prices I’ve seen mentioned on here for parking. Am I right in thinking that I can take a reduced rest of 9 hours then get straight back on the road? For example if I were to run out of time and get parked up at 5pm, I could in theory set off again at 2am the following morning?

Redrum:
Sounding as if the general consensus is that I’ll be very lucky to do it, I’ve packed for the night anyway. I think I’ll have a better idea once I get there and get tipped and like you say could decide to leave it a little later before leaving, but I’m definitely expecting to have to stay the night :frowning:

I think I’ll probably pick a layby or an industrial estate for parking, It would pain me to pay the prices I’ve seen mentioned on here for parking. Am I right in thinking that I can take a reduced rest of 9 hours then get straight back on the road? For example if I were to run out of time and get parked up at 5pm, I could in theory set off again at 2am the following morning?

How many times this week on days have you went over 13hr spread??
IE over 13hrs “on duty” card in?

If less than three your ok for a 9hr reduced rest.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I would M40 it so you are avoiding the M1 & the majority of the 25… Best of luck :-')

Realistically you aren’t going to make it in one hit, so you’ll have to take 2x 45 minute breaks.

Assume starting at 6am which gets you through Brum before it gets too busy, M40 or M1? Keeping it simple, break at Clackets or Thurrock should (dodgems permitting) get you to your tip in good time and most importantly under 5 hours driving.

15 mins break whilst tipping/ loading. Takes what? an hour? Leaving at 1pm?

Banbury/ Northampton should be easily reachable in 4 and half hours drive, if it’s only Oxford/ Toddington then you probably aren’t going to make it home.

If you’re sure that you can do it from your 2nd stop then 30 mins and get home, if you aren’t then take a 9 and save yourself 45 minutes that you’d waste by trying to get another hour up the road.

I’d be inclined to to M40 down and M1 up, but I’m not aware of current roadworks/ closures on either M-Way.

Redrum:

LostSomeWhere:
Does your company not pay for parking ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest I’m not sure but don’t want to risk being out of pocket incase they don’t

Do most firms pay parking out of curiosity?

Yes some have account like SNAP others drivers hand in receipt then get reimbursed ask your gaffer if he says no well that’s their lookout if diesel fairies / curtain slashers come a looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cav551:
You won’t find it easy parking in Kent.

Would have thought he will get a lot further than Kent

You have (or had) two options.

1. Refuse to do the job as you couldn’t be sure that you could do it in a day.
  2. Pack a basic night out kit in case you couldn’t do it in a day.

Option 1 usually gives you a life of stress, unless you go through life not caring what others think or expect of you.
Option 2 gives you a stress free life, knowing you are prepared for the unforeseen, take it in your stride and hope the ■■■■ days are spread out amongst the drivers.

Just remember. you always have a choice.

Honked:

Option 1 usually gives you a life of stress, unless you go through life not caring what others think or expect of you.
Option 2 gives you a stress free life, knowing you are prepared for the unforeseen, take it in your stride and hope the [zb] days are spread out amongst the drivers.

1. Get close enough to home for the missus to come and get you, eat at home, sleep at home, get paid for a night out!

Vid:

Honked:

Option 2 gives you a stress free life, knowing you are prepared for the unforeseen, take it in your stride and hope the [zb] days are spread out amongst the drivers.

1. Get close enough to home for the missus to come and get you, eat at home, sleep at home, get paid for a night out!

Save missus the trouble: stand st roadside with logbook held out. Other drivers will always help you on a “dodgy” night.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Parked up at Clacket lane after 3 hours 43 minutes driving. Had a good run down, with very minor delays. So far so good chaps.

I don’t think you’ll…

Make it back.

Once that M25 goes into it’s usual Friday seizures your goose will be cooked.

Redrum:
Parked up at Clacket lane after 3 hours 43 minutes driving. Had a good run down, with very minor delays. So far so good chaps.

We are all routing for you mate, think you might do this.
Radio 2 here is your best friend, listen to all the radio traffic bullitens.

All things considered if lady lucks on your side I would look at A2, M25,M11, A14, M6. (Or M1,M6)
M25, M40, M42, M6 is an option but be guided by traffic on the M25 anticockwise and clockwise.

Once you’ve made you mind up gun it. Best of luck.

Oh and why not call your office and check if they pay for parking or have a Snap account (this allows you to park on truckstops that have Snap).

Rugby truckstop would be my choice for this evening, or a secret meet up with the lads then out on the ■■■■ (but can’t discuss that here).

Did you plan for the unexpected?
Have you brought emergency night out gear?
Internet for ■■■■.
Lube.
Tissues.
Wet wipes.

If you are running low on data, try a bit of ■■■■■■■■■. If your mrs is a prude, there will be numbers scratched into the cubicle walls on most services.

You could always try the reverse peeping tom scenario where you are naked and peeping out of the curtains instead of having Dipper peeping in.

Can we organise a sweepstake…

On wether or not the lad makes it?

Is that against forum rules?

btw i have no idea how to run a sweepstake

Some great replies here, from the helpful to the laugh your ■■■■■■■■ off posts. I’m looking at you Honked :laughing:

Anyway, I’ve arrived and currently sat on break behind a wagon being tipped. Time wise I’m on 4 hours 56 minutes. By the time I’ve ■■■■■■ about manouvering here in the yard and diving out I suspect I’ll be sat on exactly 5 hours driving time which will leave me needing a miracle from above.

Looking like the service station phone numbers and the reverse peeping tom act could come in handy :laughing:

Weds onwards is my time to calculate whether ill make it back within max driving hours, if not the missus gets me home.
Keep it lit, you’ll be fine… :grimacing:

If anybodies still interested in this Saga I’m currently sat on 2 hours 27 minutes driving time parked up at Clacket lane services.

With the 3 hours 43 minutes driving time before the first break, and the 2 hours 27 I’m sat on now I make that 6 hours 10 minutes driving leaving me with 3 hours and 50 minutes driving time to get back.

The satnavs predicting a 3 hour 20 minute journey so it’s looking promising :slight_smile:

well done murder backwards…you did well…just post us your times wehn your back in the depot, and take a well earned weekend break…ha ha

M1 is slow from 414 to 505.So if going that way you will lose time

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk