Will I make it

Keep er lit and nail it all the way!

Nah… dont bother…take the advice above, park up nearby and get a lift home… :wink:

Just put your foot down…good luck

I took everyone advice and pulled card early so sat chilling out thanks for the advice I don’t wish to upset people on here.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

whats the betting if op parks up 20/30 mins from yard rolls into yard the next day and gets collared by the spotty know nothing on the transport desk to explian WHY he didnt get back to the yard last night . dont you know you are costing the company money every time you take a nightout and ruining the planning efficency etc etc etc
take the nightout mate keep legal because nobody is going to thank you or pay you extra for making the effort

ako444:
Mate I can see you now, weaving in and out of traffic on roadworks looking at the clock and riding 6 inches off the bumper of the car thats doing 40…busting for a ■■■■■ or a brew but not wanting to stop as it will eat precious minutes off your drive time…it’s not worth the hassle. Take it steady and park up 20 minutes short of the yard. Ring your mrs and get her to pick you up…pull your curtains and go home…have a dodgy night out with an extra £20-25 in your pocket with the added bonus of getting your tackle wet …(and not paying a lady of the night for the pleasure) everyone wins apart from the boss!!!

Sadly in this1984 Orwellian age we live in the majority of lorries have satellite tracking fitted, so doing the above wouldn’t get you a night out with most outfits, they would send out someone to drive it back to the yard,

mdourish:
I took everyone advice and pulled card early so sat chilling out thanks for the advice I don’t wish to upset people on here.

That’s the best thing you could have done .

the nodding donkey:
Don’t feed the troll

+1

mdourish:

You certainly dont need to worry about ‘upsetting’ anyone on here. Its your job, your truck, you make your own decisions mate, dont be influenced by others…

Well I cerainly aint upset mate.
Tbh I couldn’t give a ■■■■ if you run yourself ragged into the ground. I was only (as last time, and time before that…and time before that) trying to point you in the right direction, but if you think you know better…crack on.

One stipulation just give me and my family a wide berth on the road, so none of us suffer WHEN you end up in the s/bound from the north or in the ditch or both when you fall asleep…

In my time in this job I can think of off the top of my head 3 guys who like you used to tear about like there’s no tomorrow, start stupid times, maxing out every week for years, and allowed their bosses to push them to the limit.
Last time one drove he was 30ish, the other 2 retired at 60ish for about 6 months…btw they are all dead. :bulb:
So your thread title is a bit poignant. :bulb:

bald bloke:

mdourish:

You pulled the card??
How refreshing to know you have done this.
Next time you do it I hope you don’t run into the back of my, or one of my loved ones cars.

Keep up the good work drive. Well done…NOT

Butcher:

bald bloke:

mdourish:

You pulled the card??
Next time you do it I hope you don’t run into the back of my, or one of my loved ones cars.

Why would I run into the back of someone

mdourish:

That’s mental, your supposed to do the opposite of what everyone says and crack on.
FFS don’t start listening to us it spoils a good Friday night drunken kick off thread.

I’ve just got parked up with 2 minutes to spare myself.

mdourish:

Butcher:

bald bloke:

mdourish:

You pulled the card??

Why would I run into the back of someone

whilst you have the curtains shut,& cooking dinner or eating it, and half pished watching ■■■■ sat on the bunk,lol whilst parked up maybe? now that would fox some of the tnet csi uk team

tommy t:
curtains shut, cooking dinner or eating it, and half pished watching ■■■■ sat on the bunk,lol whilst parked up maybe?

How did you know that’s what I’m doing

ERRRM , well I don’t for sure, but as a fellow driver it’s an educated guess, and often survival in our game, Sometimes we do eat out instead of in cab cooking, TV is usually dire , unless you have internet and something like a tablet or laptop (phones are too small & strain my peepers) so ■■■■ be it in paper form ( good old wbank mag )or electronic media ( better & free) being the natural solution to a good nights kip. (So long as you don’t drink too much ) & fall asleep & wake up wanting to pish many time through the night )Maybe our resident dipper… could expand on that further? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Butcher:

bald bloke:

mdourish:

You pulled the card??

Maybe im missing something here but what has he done wrong by pulling the card??

Think he misunderstood him parking up and pulling the card during rest, for pulling the card and continuing driving. :bulb:

AndrewG:

Butcher:

bald bloke:

mdourish:

You pulled the card??

Maybe im missing something here but what has he done wrong by pulling the card??

I think he thinks he’s pulled his card and carried on driving

Uncleskid:
I think he thinks he’s pulled his card and carried on driving

You reckon? :laughing:

mdourish:

The advice given is intended to help you learn the ropes on this job. As we all know you learn next to nothing just by passing the test. This is the next stage of learning about this career path you’ve chosen. There’s a lot that can bite ya on the arse if you’re not careful and nobody here wants to see that. We’ve all been in your position so we know the sort of things you’ll experience. Hopefully, by asking for advice and heeding it you will have fewer mishaps and less stress along the way.