Will i get a job when i pass

Hi all

I am just about to start lessons for my c c+e iv been told that it is hard to get a job as companys are very cautous about taking on newbies with no experience would it help me that i have held a pcv for four years even tho i only had to years at stagecoach before i had to go for my own sanity

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome rodd3r5 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

rodd3r5:
iv been told that it is hard to get a job as companys are very cautous about taking on newbies with no experience

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is the UK short of drivers ? & Was it really worth it?
On a more positive note - some C+E newbies (passed within the last 12 months) on here have secured F/T perm employment in the last month or so…
The area of the Uk that you live in can also be a major factor.

How to post Pics, avatars, using quotes, Driver CPC forum & Tacho & WTD regs forum

rodd3r5:
would it help me that i have held a pcv for four years

Experience of driving large vehicles - looks good on a CV :wink:

rodd3r5:
I am just about to start lessons for my c c+e

Doing both - get a good deal :question: - who with :question:

With a family friend he said the c license is almost the same as the pcv and should hopefully pass with little training and is only charging me 20 quid a hour which i thought was quite reasonable, did ring the big training companys but seemed to me like all they wanted was my credit card

rodd3r5:
With a family friend he said the c license is almost the same as the pcv and should hopefully pass with little training and is only charging me 20 quid a hour

Hope ‘family friend’ knows what the DSA wants in regards to the LGV test, vehicle specifications etc…

Yeah he is a instructor for the army and does private work as well

thanks for them links rog very intresting read

rodd3r5:
Hi all

I am just about to start lessons for my c c+e iv been told that it is hard to get a job as companys are very cautous about taking on newbies with no experience would it help me that i have held a pcv for four years even tho i only had to years at stagecoach before i had to go for my own sanity

Yep I was in the same boat as you driving buses for Stagecoach and that experience counted for ZB all when it came to applying for HGV jobs :smiling_imp:
Fortunately I got my big break on the artics :sunglasses: