Will i be legal with weekly rest

2 weeks ago Friday,Saturday and Sunday off.
last week finished Friday 1700 weekly rest, then started Sunday 0500(6 shifts)
Finished today 1800.
Booked on this Sunday 0500.
Reduced breaks of 36 and 35 hours I finish on Wednesday for 10 days so claiming back hours is not a problem.
I say I will be legal but other drivers have put that doubt in my mind when I have been asked about working on this Sunday.

1. Did you have a regular 45 hour weekly rest period during the week Monday 23/11/215 to Sunday 29/11/215 ?
  2. When you had the 3 days off (Friday Saturday and Sunday) did the rest total at-least 69 hours ?
  3. Did you have the entire Sunday off and start work on Monday 7/12/2015 ?

If the answer to all 3 questions is yes then you should legal to have a reduced weekly rest period this weekend.

If the answer to any one of those questions is no then there may not be enough information to say for certain.

Unless I’m reading it wrong if you’ve had a reduced last week then you’ll need a full rest this weekend

Night-and-day:
Unless I’m reading it wrong if you’ve had a reduced last week then you’ll need a full rest this weekend

Not necessarily the case. It is ‘possible’ to have a reduced twice in a row over two weeks but it depends exactly what happened in previous weeks.

If the OP answers Tachos questions - all will be clear.

To tachograph, 1) sat 28th and sun 29th off total 60 hours 15 mins off
2)84 hours off.
3)Sunday 6th completely off, started back Monday 7th 0500

shep532:
Not necessarily the case. It is ‘possible’ to have a reduced twice in a row over two weeks but it depends exactly what happened in previous weeks.

Yes, this is true, I had a 25 hour rest last weekend and I’m having a 38 hour rest this weekend, this is entirely legal as I had Sunday and Monday off the week before last, so that counts as a full rest period in Fixed Week 1, and I will be having Christmas Day and Boxing Day off next week, which counts as a full rest period in Fixed week 3. I will also be having the 27th and 28th off, which will compensate for both reduced rest periods.

It looks legal to me :wink:

I have started to consider moving jobs, because the last two weeks have been a stretch, to stay legal. Not to mention working Saturday. …

why oh why oh why… are some drivers so desperate to find the longest they can spend, earning money for someone else. …

the nodding donkey:
I have started to consider moving jobs, because the last two weeks have been a stretch, to stay legal. Not to mention working Saturday. …

why oh why oh why… are some drivers so desperate to find the longest they can spend, earning money for someone else. …

Time of the year, for us anyway as we are 25% down on drivers (one has just had a new knee fitted)
But we are always busy at the end of the year and we all expect to max out just before Christmas and just after.
We normally get one or two nights out a week but I have hardly been home the last 6 weeks, yes the money is great but it is what I signed up for and expected, at least early summer is easy :wink:

Most retail and transport jobs are pulling their tripe out this time of year, if you cant cope with just a couple of weeks of working out your hours then is this the job for you?
Your the one ultimately responsible to stay legal, if your firm push you to break t law, then its time to walk :wink:

Would this also be legal similar to the scenario Harry gave above

Week 1 Mon Tues Wed rest
Week 2 Wed Sun rest (1600 sat-0600 mon)
Week 3 Thurs Fri rest

Timothy:

Week 1 Mon Tues Wed rest
Week 3 Thurs Fri rest

Presumably week 1 Monday Tuesday and Wednesday were rest days, week 3 Thursday and Friday were rest days, but I don’t understand week 2, if Wednesday and Sunday were rest days what’s the (1600 sat-0600 mon) about ?

tachograph:

Timothy:

Week 1 Mon Tues Wed rest
Week 3 Thurs Fri rest

Presumably week 1 Monday Tuesday and Wednesday were rest days,

Yes

week 3 Thursday and Friday were rest days, but I don’t understand week 2, if Wednesday and Sunday were rest days what’s the (1600 sat-0600 mon) about ?

What time I finished on the Saturday through to when I started on the Monday on week 3.

@ Timothy

OK I see what you’ve done now, thanks :wink:

Week 1 Mon Tues Wed rest
Week 3 Thurs Fri rest

Week 1. At-least 72 hours rest = Regular weekly rest period (back to back reduced and regular weekly rest periods if needed).
Week 2. Reduced weekly rest period (38 hours rest leaves 7 hours compensation to pay back).
Week 3. At-least 45 hours rest = Regular weekly rest period.

Yes that looks legal, as long as you had a regular 45 hour weekly rest period for either of the 2 weeks preceding week 1 it’s definitely legal.