wifes tramping ...

I was having a conversation with the wife the other day about tramping and I wondered to myself if the tables were turned and she went tramping all week and I stayed home would I cope with it as well as she does ?

we all moan about our jobs and the life on the road but never seem to think about how our lives would be if we had to do what our wives do week in and week out …

Not quite the same thing, but a near neighbour stayed home with the kids while his wife was away. She worked in London all week, and came home on Friday.

They had three kids, two at school and one baby and he was really well organised. All the housework sorted by dinnertime and the baby tucked up in bed, he did an MA at the Open University and started an internet business out of his garage selling mobile phones and assorted gadgets.

Haven’t seen him for ages now, as they moved up market.

My wife had a hysterectomy in January. I had a week off work and it was a doddle. All choirs done. Kids at school on time. And had to see he in hospital too. She makes it out to be hard but I’d swap

OVLOV JAY:
My wife had a hysterectomy in January. I had a week off work and it was a doddle. All choirs done. Kids at school on time. And had to see he in hospital too. She makes it out to be hard but I’d swap

You sing too?

Well if you got a whole choir in to do the housework, no wonder it was a doddle! :slight_smile:

Santa:

OVLOV JAY:

You sing too?

Brilliant !!! :laughing:

That’s what you get when you use a phone with auto correct on the keyboard. Incidentally, the kids had choir twice that week, c of e school, and all jobs around the house were done :blush: :wink: :laughing:

In a similar vein. I’ve been thinking if I start for Foxwood’s could I take my Mrs with me. I know they do in the states.

When first wife had our youngest daughter she was poorly for a few months. I took the time off work and ran the house so she could get better.

5 kids to sort out including a baby 3 at 3 different schools, lunches to make, hair to brush, clothes all sorted and that. Wasn’t easy by any means but it all got done. I even had time to make cakes almost every day.

I wouldn’t want to swap permanently but if I had to again I would.

I appreciate how much my current Mrs and her sister do for my and my family and I honestly wouldn’t be without them.

Oh you’re taken! That’s a pity, I was thinking of asking you out.

i’m at the min a kinda stay at home dad. from monday to friday i run the house and on friday night i do a trip to england.my wife’s dad passed away 5 weeks ago and her mother is sick and hasnt long left.to make things worst my wife has depression and she get very low at times,she hits the bottle hard and has in the pass had thoughs of ending her life.we have 7 kids, 6 at school.my day starts at 7am to get kids up and ready for school. first school starts at 09.10 and play school at 09.30.first kid needs lifted at 12.30,next 2 finish at 2pm and the last 3 at 3pm. from 10am i get dinner prepared and do housework,shopping and drink coffee.monday evening is swimming lessons,tueday is girls club and friday is irish dancing.to be honest at the start i was ready to have a break down and there was days i didnt brother with the housework…now i seem to handle it very well.i was used to been on the road and wasnt very close to my kids nor them to me.nowadays myself and kids get on very well and there more like little friends to me than my kids.yes there is days that i be about to go nuts.the wife now is almost 2 weeks off the bottle and things seem to be a bit easlier.she is due to lose the books for 6 months due to drink driving so i’ll be doing this day care job for a while to come.funny how things change because i use to have to stay at home for a 45 hour break on my digi card.nowadays i go driving to the uk just to get a 45 hour break from home…

Slackbladder:
Oh you’re taken! That’s a pity, I was thinking of asking you out.

Taken but not exclusive ■■

OVLOV JAY:

and your wife is called HE too? :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Well if her indoors went tramping the first thing I would probably be concerned about is that I may be convinced I had gone deaf.

We often take our loved ones for granted and don’t notice how hard they work well unless you have one like mine who I only take out for the evening so i don’t have to kiss her goodbye and when we go abroad the first thing to get sunburnt is her tongue (other assorted wife jokes are available).

Bless her though wouldn’t change her for the world.