Wi-Fi/wireless Reversing Cams

Our work is looking at fitting one of these on my trailer(for Health & Safety!)they fitted wired ones to our ridgeds and its been a big success stopping them reversing into parked cars while doing shop deliverys ,
But we have never used one of these Wi-Fi-Wireless cams ,
So has anyone got one?
Has any one used one ?
Are they reliable?

Are these the same as the ones on the dustcarts :question:

I was looking at that idea. You can get a wireless cam and little screen. I thought you could attach a magnet to the cam and stick it on the trailer wherever you want and use it to help when reversing. As it attaches by magnet just take it off when you have finished.

Suppose it would do away with the need to plug a suzie in and running wires through cabs and under trailers.

So long as you dont hear airport control trying to land a jet on you they should be o/k.

This similar to wot we are looking at i think

parkmyauto.co.uk/p-vision— … -628-p.asp

Ah reversing !! I use one off my spare glass eyes just blue tack it onto the trailer.

Had one on the Mixer I had…

Mine had to be wired in, but only at front and back, as wireless obviously works for the picture, worked OK, never really had an issue with, though sometimes picture quality was poor.

By the way mine was wired into reverse lights, so as soon as they came on, I had a picture…

What happened to mirrors ? :smiling_imp:

Mirrors won’t show what is Immediately behind you where as a rear facing camera fixed to the middle of the chassis will. :wink:

Coddy:
Had one on the Mixer I had…

Mine had to be wired in, but only at front and back, as wireless obviously works for the picture, worked OK, never really had an issue with, though sometimes picture quality was poor.

By the way mine was wired into reverse lights, so as soon as they came on, I had a picture…

Did it have to be cleaned very often during the day as I would imagine it got very dirty as the muck seems to slipstream around the back of most vehicles.

Yes Rog it did, was one of the bug bears, great in the dry, but when arriving on site it was second nature to jump out wipe the lens and get back in the cab…

I did try that Rain ex on it, but it didnt really help…