wi fi hot spots

shall we start a wi fi hot spot list…but only those that are free…i dont know any off hand …so at the moment were in the lap of the gods…
if some one wants to try the last lay by A4444n before Bermuda Nuneaton they might pick up mine

I was going to ask a similar question, does anyone have a list of free hotspots in Europe that are available for a truck?

I quite fancy being on the net with a can of beer in my hand while weekended

For starter you could try http://www.btopenzone.co.uk/

Its worth downloading the spreadsheet so that you sort them by location etc. They are not free but if you subscribe to BT Broadband at home you can get access to them for about £5 per month.

Try this site for your FREE hotspots:-

free-hotspot.com

Unfortunately once I had added most (still working on data) to my Autoroute they are in the centre of towns. So not very accessable for truckers…

I have yet to log on to one of them.

If anyone wants the data sofar for Autoroute send me a PM

Ossie

I was at Telford Services on the M54 last week and Im sure there was a BT sign behind the burger counter that stated free wireless connection was available. Laptop was in the cab though and I didnt fancy the hike to the ‘HGV park’ and back again to try it out.
Phil

I think most McDonalds have WiFi, as do some MSA’s. Dunno what the range is though, and if you internet shop or do online banking, don’t do it on WiFi.