Why would?

Anyone want to come to this country on holiday this year?. Oh i forgot, they have a deep interest in roadworks and traffic cones!. M6, M1 and M4 are just road works end to end. Its ridiculous. How do they lay motorways abroad in no time and it takes ages here. Oh i forgot they put in a full days work and work at it abroad.

you can blame it on the wrong type of snow

Its crazy at moment! Soon the M1 from London to Leeds will be average speed check 50 mph. I didnt see 1 person working on the stretch around Luton this evening. I think its stupid that they are keeping the speed limits in place on the M1 J25-J28 when the works are done. If travelling at 50 is so safe why are there accidents in roadworks like this afternoon when the M1 was shut J11-J10. The whole point of a motorway is to move large volumes of traffic relatively quickly.
The companies that make traffic cones must be doing a roaring trade!

Could be by the time they get to where ever they could pleed asylum :blush: :blush: :blush:

most roadworks abroad(unless it major construction) takes place at night on the main trunk routes

Only got to wait til 2012 and they’ll all be gone for the olympics :smiley: then once the shows left town they’ll be back again :frowning:

guess we’ll just have to get used to trundling along at 40mph everywhere, no thanks to over cautious car drivers with uncalibrated speedos :stuck_out_tongue:

they do the road works on the A14 round ipswich at night and weekends…but still leave the 50mph limit all day long.

They could do them as quick as you like if you want to pay for it. Imagine if in the 60’s and 70’s they’d have made motorways 4 lanes standard build, oh the joy!

I would not worry to much lads as the world is going to end in 2012 thats if the grimm reaper can get around the roadworks.

phil the book:
I would not worry to much lads as the world is going to end in 2012 thats if the grimm reaper can get around the roadworks.

The grim reaper came for me last night, I beat him off with a vacuum cleaner - talk about dyson with death :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Grasshopper:
companies that make traffic cones must be doing a roaring trade!

Same as the hire companys with the miny diggers on the A14 from claydon to felixstowe I have now counted 45 mini diggers on either side of the road and most of them dont look like they have moved since last week.

Anyone want to come to this country on holiday this year?. Oh i forgot, they have a deep interest in roadworks and traffic cones!. M6, M1 and M4 are just road works end to end. Its ridiculous. How do they lay motorways abroad in no time and it takes ages here. Oh i forgot they put in a full days work and work at it abroad.

Well I have been on holiday twice in the last 12 months in this country, I must admit it was on a canal boat it is one of the most relaxing and peacefull holidays you will ever have…I wont start about the lakes or other beautifull parts of this country of ours.
As for the road works, we have some of the best roads in Europe…If you have been round the tanzinalle (sp) in Milan or Rome ring road or the Perifique in Paris both inner and outer!!! you will realise that our roads are not too bad considering we don’t have tolls yet!!! Oh and our roads are not funded by European Parliment , as are most of the new roads in Spain Greece and Portugal :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Don’t knock our little Island, we are far from perfect, but I would not want to be anywhere else… :smiley: