Why the hatred?

i have been working for stobarts on a casual basis, and its evident that stobarts isnt liked but why should this filter down to the driver am lucky enough not to wear the uniform, i myself am a helpful driver and i like to muck in and not sit in my cab i enjoy work, i no stobarts has taking over company’s of late but it goes further than that can anyone enlighten me?

I dont understand it ether Dusty…i think a lot of it is jealousy to be honest…i also work for a large company which has won a lot of contracts at the expense other companies,unfortunately due to this all the drivers that drive for whichever company get labelled as ■■■■■■■ or idiots etc etc blah blah blah…its just the childish mentality of some when in most cases its them with the problem. :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

its good stuff if a company takes over another as it means more work etc

mickyblue:
‘…its good stuff if a company takes over another as it means more work etc…’

Hmm, by that argument we’d all be keen for Turkey to join the EU.

It’s ‘…good stuff…’ if the money & conditions are the same or better - but what about if the conditions are worse & the money less, competing from overseas in a corner-cutting shed, etc?

bikemonkey:
i think a lot of it is jealousy to be honest…

There’s nothing to the jealousy rumours believe me; in fact i feel sorry for the poor ■■■■■■■■■ being stupid enough to work for a firm where peope at the so called ‘upper level’ are as thick and ignorant as anyone you care to mention.
The fact that they don’t take part in fuel protests knowing that if small firms go backrupt they can move in like smarmy lowlife tossers and then pay the existing driver ■■■■ poor money has nothing to do with :exclamation:
How do i know this? used to work there :cry: before i put two brains cells together and left :exclamation:

containers_only:
There’s nothing to the jealousy rumours believe me; in fact i feel sorry for the poor [zb], being stupid enough to work for a firm where peope at the so called ‘upper level’ are as thick and ignorant as anyone you care to mention.
The fact that they don’t take part in fuel protests knowing that if small firms go backrupt they can move in like smarmy lowlife tossers and then pay the existing driver ■■■■ poor money has nothing to do with :exclamation:
How do i know this? used to work there :cry: before i put two brains cells together and left :exclamation:

I dont have a problem with Stobarts and infact Im probably one of those rare people who wouldnt mind working for them, Im not doing the job for money Im doing it because its something Ive always wanted to do since I was a lot younger…
If they had a depot anywhere near Basingstoke though… :wink:

containers_only:

bikemonkey:

There’s nothing to the jealousy rumours believe me; in fact i feel sorry for the poor [zb], being stupid enough to work for a firm where peope at the so called ‘upper level’ are as thick and ignorant as anyone you care to mention.

It would be interesting to see your present wage slips, just to be balanced and fair you understand.

I would have been working there now, but I talked myself out of a job at the interview :blush:

DAF95XF:

All things come to he who waits…

the maoster:

DAF95XF:

they read that post and have just submitted planning permission for a 700 trillion sq ft dist centre in basingstoke…due to open 29th feb 2010 :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cruise Control:

the maoster:

DAF95XF:

they read that post and have just submitted planning permission for a 700 trillion sq ft dist centre in basingstoke…due to open 29th feb 2010 :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I think ND have missed a trick by not having a depot in Basingstoke either - think they could be on the money with their fridges for Sainsbugs or somebody :wink:
Or even over at Reading for the brewry :wink:

certainly not jealousy, my agency keep trying to put me in there as they have a depot 12miles away from my house, I would rather do a 60mile round trip for work than work for that shower, and I only did a week for them but vow never to go there again.

chester:
certainly not jealousy, my agency keep trying to put me in there as they have a depot 12miles away from my house, I would rather do a 60mile round trip for work than work for that shower, and I only did a week for them but vow never to go there again.

why?

if I remember , wasn’t the comment that Eddie made about "taking the tramps out of cabs " when he made all his drivers wear ties the starting point?

Steve-o:

chester:

why?

it was whilst stobarts were starting the tesco contract and all the tesco drivers in middlewich werent to keen on the stobart drivers, the stobart drivers werent keen on the agency drivers, the agency drivers in the stobart trucks were looked down at by the teso and the stobart drivers. it was my first week on the agency after leaving the army, a little help of either of them wouldnt have gone amiss, I even asked at appleton thorn how to build a trailer up, you know with the slats to make it a euro trailer. I went in transport office to asked for help, and they drew me a diagram on how to do it. FFS

Wheel Nut:
It would be interesting to see your present wage slips, just to be balanced and fair you understand.

You sound like my girlfriend :slight_smile:

Wheel Nut:
I would have been working there now, but I talked myself out of a job at the interview :blush:

Know you wouldn’t, you may have started at some time, then realised what a mistake you made then left, just like the smart intelligent bloke you are :smiley:

DAF95XF:
‘… I’m not doing the job for money I’m doing it because it’s something I’ve always wanted to do …’

So some on here would work for Eddie on pants (or no) money :question:

That’s great news - and sounds like some blokes are on pensions with their mortgages paid…

mickyblue:
its good stuff if a company takes over another as it means more work etc

No they usually close one place down and move all the work to the other outfit. One group of workers get laid off the other lot get the extra work to do for the same money… :confused:

containers_only:

bikemonkey:

just 1 little point,not all stobart drivers are on stobart t+c,s,they chose to stay on the t+cs they were on before stobarts took over, so to say stobart drivers on stobart t+c,s are on ■■■■ poor money might be right,but to say all existing drivers are on ■■■■ poor money is not true, some do very well thankyou

I thought it was a great company to work for. Not so sure i’d want long days doing Tesco store deliveries for them though.

DAF95XF:
I think ND have missed a trick by not having a depot in Basingstoke either - think they could be on the money with their fridges for Sainsbugs or somebody :wink:
Or even over at Reading for the brewry :wink:

the one thats closing and going to be demolished ,its all going to Alton afaik and K&N are doing the haulage
maybe ND are waiting for the big distribution centre that is going to be built in farnborough