Why tf would they

Got up this morning, discovered some ■■■■ had nicked the reg plates off the wife’s Mondeo. :neutral_face:

I know the score as to why plates are nicked, cloning etc, being put on a vehicle to be used in a robbery or similar, and all the rest of it, but her particular plate stands out like a sore thumb. :open_mouth:
It’s a private plate made up of her name, and the prefix letter is an ‘L’ reg, …How many L plate cars do you see on the road nowadays, not only that but it has a NL Netherlands EU badge on the side, so hardly a plate that is going to blend in during a crime.

Rang the Old Bill just in case she got a load of speeding/parking tickets so that part of it is covered.
If it had been just a prank, the plates would have been chucked over the field next to the house.

And no, before anybody asks…she hasn’t been bothering somebody’s husband. :laughing:

Just puzzled as to why. :neutral_face:

Could be something as weird as a person obsessed with collecting unusual number plates? Pretty unlikely I admit, but the world is full of fruitcakes.

An act of revenge? Maybe you’ve been a tad too “frank” to someone. :wink:

Star down under.:
An act of revenge? Maybe you’ve been a tad too “frank” to someone. :wink:

Ok, but my car was parked beside hers, so if that was the case my plates would have gone, or something more serious done.
As for the wife upsetting somebody, she ain’t like that, she’s too nice, and she hates and avoids confrontation…except with me. :laughing:

I guess Holly"s husband is working out his revenge…

A few years ago I got a summons for speeding in Cambridge. The make, model and colour of the car involved was the same as one I was using at the time.

But on the day of the alleged occurrence my car was securely tucked up in a Government Ministry car park in Westminster, arrival recorded and car under CCTV . Following it all up I was surprised when plod happily accepted my explanation that it could not possibly be my car (on the phone) saying the car they clocked was “obviously a clone” and no further action would be taken against me! I was told by the copper that “it happens all the time”.

But as your plates are unusual I doubt they are for cloning.