Why`s robk gone?

Two years and Five days by my reckoning :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

JB:
Two years and Five days by my reckoning :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Could it be Halloween related? Spooky. :wink: :smiley:

did someone mess the date up? Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:01 pm Post subject:

steve_24v:
Iā€™m for a ā€œbring back Robā€ campaignā€¦ I know he was a little erm, different ? but I miss some of his more controversial posts and besides, it takes all sorts.

Canā€™t see him coming back thoughā€¦

No that was the last time!!

is he going for a hat trick then :question: :question: :question:

I think this is known as ā€œThread Necroingā€

or bump :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: oh wellā€¦ Heā€™ll be back eventuallyā€¦ :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Just give him a couple years to cool down :laughing: :unamused: :laughing: :unamused:

Welcome home Vince :smiley:

the pics werent that bad were they? this is by nature predominantly an adult site, i far from agree with some of the things rob says but as has been said beforeā€¦ if we all agreed all the time it would be boring. BRING BACK THE NUMPTY :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Have I missed somthing? :open_mouth:

gone where :exclamation:
jon

posting rights suspendedā€¦ :open_mouth:

Posting rights suspended.

Find a post of Robs and where once (under his name) there was primo now there isā€¦

Come on folks - its an open discussion forum not a mutual agreement society. Rob states his own views on nearly every topic submitted, and this sometimes winds people up. One little snippet from Rob usually gets more bites than a finger in a piranha tank, but it certainly makes some entertaining reading once everyone has got drawn into it.
We are nearly all adults on here - anything rude or racist or over the top is taken out - and we all have our views on what others are saying. Rob is a bit more forthright than most and not afraid to let you know what he thinks.
Bring him back - it will only get boring without him

Quite sad really if its just about posting a few pics :cry: :unamused: :unamused:

RobK was NOT[/b] suspended for posting up those pictures. He was banned for sending a blatantly abusive PM to Pam (Mrs Mix) and for posting a copy of it in the Feedback Forum. The picture thread had been removed ā€œfor reviewā€, as stated. I was going to reinstate most of it, but since he has kicked off about it so much I really havenā€™t got the time or patience to argue so it stays gone.
He had been on a ā€œYellow Cardā€ warning for some time thanks to his persistent rule-floutingā€¦in fact, by rights, he should have been suspended weeks ago. But I have cut him an enormous amount of slack for no other reason than because I didnā€™t actually want to have to suspend him - something which I have privately told him time and time again.
Unfortunately he chose to abuse this (yes, I admit it) ā€œspecialā€ treatment and went a step too far. Ultimately the rules are the rules, and no-one can be allowed to be so downright offensive to anyoneā€¦especially not a senior member of our volunteer staff.
He is not ā€œbannedā€. He is suspended. He can (as he knows) send us a written apology for his actions (by e-mail) and an undertaking to abide by the rules and his posting rights will be restored. Only if he then breaks the rules again will permenant ban result. This is standard procedure in all cases like this.
Just to clarify, whilst Iā€™m here, there seems to be a little confusion about the status of various members of staff. Site Admins can overule Forum Mods in any forum. Rikki and myself can overule all of them.
Forum Mods are simply the ā€œfirst line of defenceā€, so to speak.
It is also important to remember that a lot of the day-to-day decision making takes place away from the public forums, so if a post is removed for ā€œreviewā€ then that is exactly what is happening. It is being passed to someone higher up the chain so they can review it. They may decide to reinstate it, with or without some edits, depending on what decision they reach.
All the Staff here work to run the site in their own time, without pay, and often without thanks. Running this site takes a lot more time than people realise. I, for example, have spent nearly 7 HOURS today answering PM.s, sorting out problems, and generally keeping everything on an even keel. This is on my precious weekend time away from the truckā€¦Iā€™m back up the road tomorrow morning just like the rest of you, no doubt fielding phonecalls from members as I tip.
That situation is exactly the same as for the other Mods and Adminsā€¦so spare a thought before you post, eh? :wink:
Abuse of TNUK staff in any form will NOT be tolerated. End of story.

come back robk
all members should be given a vote if a member is to be suspended or we are going to start losing members.
I think that lucy has taken on to much and this is my opinion only as i have read past comments that lucy has made on certain comments that members have made.
lucy should be asked to explain fully her comments when members are suspended and not just left to her to decide.

When ALL users of this site register they agree to follow the site rules,

The Moderators and Admins have the job of ensuring those rules are followed by members, If a member repeatadly breaks the rules they get a warning, if they continue they get suspended, if they then agree to follow the rules and persist again in breaking them they get permanently banned

Lucy does NOT decide indiscrimatly who gets banned and who doesnt, there is a set down policy and procedure that all admins of this site follow.

This policy is set down by the directors of the company and followed by all the volunteer staff. Lucy follows the policy the same as every one else

This ensures that all members are treated the same.

Lucyā€™s suspension of Rob was totally within laid down procedure, and is totally correct given Robs behaviour.

All the admins and moderators spend hours looking after this site, they do it to keep this site acceptable to all users.

If members kept to the agreement they made when they joined this situation would not arise.

Rob can easily have his posting rights restored, all he has to do is agree to use this site as per the agreement he signed when registering, If he cannot use this site within those rules then he cannot have his rights restored, the choice is TOTALLY his

Would you be happy if I came into your house abusing your family , then stating free speech?

No of course not, lucy as the Owner/Managing Director has to make these decisions. and when staff are abused she must do everything she can to protect them! regardless of what anyone else thinks!

Surely you can see that!