Why remove a post that was stating a fact?

I posted a question relating to a certain hauliers trucks not being seen on the road this week.
I won’t mention them by name (against some rule?)
So, why?

ROADRANGER:
I posted a question relating to a certain hauliers trucks not being seen on the road this week.
I won’t mention them by name (against some rule?)
So, why?

because we all know what that implies, rightly or wrongly. there’s not a lot between saying something and implying it, which we all know, to say it out right you need to substantiate it. at a guess :laughing:

stevie

Trouble is I’m stating a fact, and the fact is that their is a haulier from hull who’s trucks appear to be parked up.
Maybe one of their drivers could shed some light on the situation.
After all this is a forum.

Normally there is a post on the companys website. There doesn’t appwar to be anything on the website to confirm they have ceased trading.

dominicpriestley:
Normally there is a post on the companys website. There doesn’t appwar to be anything on the website to confirm they have ceased trading.

Indeed not, total silence on the internet and the press, as far as I can tell, however,in four visits to Hull I haven’t seen a single one on the road.

Regards,
Nick

It states in the forum rules that you need hard facts about weather or not a company has gone bust before you can post anything about them. Otherwise its just a rumour or gossip which the mod will remove. That said, what you seen with your own eyes is probably enough proof.

If someone states some gossip that happens to be fact, when does it get recognised as such?

Official news break “Joe Bloggs Transport called in the receivers this morning” on News24?

Not likely alas, since news24 seems full of overpaid types buggering around and reporting overseas news all the time, rather than what’s happening on the licence payer’s doorstep! :imp: :imp: :imp:

“But first… Sport!”

You would think a company that size there would be some concrete news out by now either way :open_mouth: :confused:

Rumours and gossip are removed until such time as the facts can be verified. I have lost count of the times rumours of this nature have been posted and had no basis in fact… Something that the companies concerned lawyers are quick to point out.

Other times a company may be in difficulties but still trading while negotiating with their financiers a new deal, Negative industry gossip and rumours most certainly would not help that situation and may even possibly contribute to any deal falling through… putting the company out of business and the drivers out of work.

I have let our journalist type people know and they are looking into it, but unless something appears on companies house, in the London Gazette, local paper or a statement is got from the owners or administrators then it remains a rumour. And to protect the website and the company rumours and gossip will be removed.

Ok, I see you’re point with regard to gossip ect.
Removed , read your private messages

like this one…

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=82180

jessicas dad:
like this one…

But it wasn’t fact then, it was driver rumour and gossip which could be harmful to negotiating any sale or purchases.

We all knew Pete Osbornes Innovate or Corby Chilled was in the mire long before the banks did, but it is not our place while Stobart and others negotiated with the liquidator to save Ady 1’s job

Wheel Nut:

jessicas dad:
like this one…

But it wasn’t fact then, it was driver rumour and gossip which could be harmful to negotiating any sale or purchases.

We all knew Pete Osbornes Innovate or Corby Chilled was in the mire long before the banks did, but it is not our place while Stobart and others negotiated with the liquidator to save Ady 1’s job

But again life is full of chinese whispers, if ive heard that corby chilled are in trouble you can bet that corbys customers have. Industry is rife with rumours about who’s brown enverlope is lighter than it was and the rumours off the golf courses about who is in trouble and who isnt.

jessicas dad:
like this one…

It was gossip with a bit of truth in it !! At the time they were published on here a CM journo
had spoken to somebody at Lunns and was told the lorries were parked up while meetings were being held with banks to decide the way forward, letting the rumours go on could have harmed the company, sadly the outcome wasn’t the one most people were hoping for.