why o why?

Do some drivers insist on walking round services etc with their blue tooth glued in the ear? Over here the ones they go have a big boom mic like they wear in call centres. Yea we can tell your a driver you don’t need to advitise it and look a pr*ck while you’re at it

O they the same in any country just a small thing that gets on my t*ts just take it off and leave it in the dam cab

i always use hands free 1 hand on the wheel 1 hand on the phone

Admittedly i do it,

Because we have a cab phones in our fleet, and my personal phone they phone me with if need me, there has been a string of bad luck calls when im out of cab so i thought i may as well :grimacing:

To be honest though, im not bothered really, better to look like a idiot than be an idiot and get points at some point due to not having one :stuck_out_tongue: (not that you were saying to do that)

Maybe because they want to look like Lieutenant Uhura in Star Trek?

Uhura.jpg

Ken.

Normally it’s because I’ve forgotten to take it off. When I left school I trained as a chef, and one day I got all the way home from work before I realised that I’d forgotten to take my chef’s hat off, wondered why people were giving me strange looks. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:
Normally it’s because I’ve forgotten to take it off. When I left school I trained as a chef, and one day I got all the way home from work before I realised that I’d forgotten to take my chef’s hat off, wondered why people were giving me strange looks. :stuck_out_tongue:

And now you work at the 5 Star Hotel Magnum eh Harry?

Ken.

taffytrucker:
Do some drivers insist on walking round services etc with their blue tooth glued in the ear? Over here the ones they go have a big boom mic like they wear in call centres. Yea we can tell your a driver you don’t need to advitise it and look a pr*ck while you’re at it

Do you really let things like this get to you? Or are you simply trolling for a reaction ?

Why on earth would another drivers actions “get on your t*ts” when it has absolutely no impact on you and your angry little life ■■

So if someone has a Bluetooth headset in their ear whilst not sat in the drivers seat it’s a “freak show” :unamused:

Have you never seen a bearded lady ? :laughing:

taffytrucker:
‘…Do some drivers insist on walking round services etc with their blue tooth glued in the ear … you don’t need to advitise it and look a pr*ck…’

1. Why do you assume that a driver might ‘…insist…’ on advertising anything?

2. Maybe they’re simply ‘getting-on-with-their lives’, mate - and you’re bored/boring* (see 4).

3. Mine stays on simply because experience dictates that none of the discreet Bluetooth devices that I’ve used are robust enough to survive in a pocket for much more than a half an hour without expensively breaking. Also, leaving it anywhere in a cab would likely pass it more bugs than a tramps crutch.

4. Maybe you should recover your life to focus on better gripes - especially since you’re probably a bad advert for us British (if Wales counts :wink: ) in a host country :question:

Maybe its last last bit of costume they forgot to take off. :open_mouth:

And what way am I a bad advert■■? There is nothing wrong with my life thanx its just fine n dandy also if you keep your unit in a decent enough state then the headset would be fine in there not covered in bugs instead of walking round like the madge pose pictured above :smiley:

I used to shove the stupid thing in my ear at the start of my day, fiddle about with it periodically till I got it comfortable, then forget all about it.
If I stopped at a service area for a break, I’d probably leave it in because I’d forget it was there. It’s also a pain fiddling about getting it back in just the right position again.
Besides which, what business is it of yours what I choose to do ?

I don’t use one now. My truck radio has bluetooth built in.

Quinny:
Maybe because they want to look like Lieutenant Uhura in Star Trek?

Ken.

she hot for an old bird.

It’s one thing I really can’t get around that my personal car (Volvo) has factory fitted Bluetooth yet most trucks don’t seem to have it. I can dial anyone in the phone book of my phone without having to take my hands off the steering wheel, without any pre download to the car needed,

It would be so simple, yet so essential to the haulage industry, yet it is not standard…

I must admit that I thought the lads walking 'round the US truckstops with the massive headsets on looked like t**ts, BUT in my Peterbilt I couldn’t hear a ■■■■ thing on the phone, with or without a European style bluetooth, so I understand why they use the big noise cancelling things. They leave them on whilst walking around for the same reason they wear socks with sandals… they don’t care about being fashion victims!

dew:
It’s one thing I really can’t get around that my personal car (Volvo) has factory fitted Bluetooth yet most trucks don’t seem to have it. I can dial anyone in the phone book of my phone without having to take my hands off the steering wheel, without any pre download to the car needed,

It would be so simple, yet so essential to the haulage industry, yet it is not standard…

This set up is no use at all in most older Petes or KW’s (the OP is refering to drivers over the pond) as the engine noise is way too loud