Why not recruitment direct?

I remember somone here saying to give Recruitment direct
a wide berth can someone please tell me why?

thanks in advance

dunt remember the origanal post lol

I can’t help with the question but found what appears to be the thread you’re referring to if that helps.

Asda Central Scotland

T’was me.

The pay is crap, they underpay you, drop you for the slightest things and as an example, at christmas when Morrisons were paying £100 extra per ■■■■ direct to the driver, recruitment direct were only dishing out £50 and keeping the other £50 themselves.

I know this is easy for me to say being semi retired , but if nobody signed on to these agencys, the companies that use them would have to employ drivers.on a full time basis.Get shut of the agencys.
Transport is the one thing that should turn back the clock.

rocky 7:
Get shut of the agencys

I couldn’t agree more but sadly it’s not going to happen, better regulation is about the best we can hope for and even that at the moment is a pipe dream in my opinion :frowning:

tachograph:

rocky 7:
Get shut of the agencys

I couldn’t agree more but sadly it’s not going to happen, better regulation is about the best we can hope for and even that at the moment is a pipe dream in my opinion :frowning:

Unfortunately Tacho,the british driver as always been his own worst enemy, together with the foreign input your right its a pipe dream. I dont like the french but they do know how to stick together on an issue.

I’m agency and can see why we don’t stick together. The agency will ■■■■■■■■ you with some tale or other thus making you think you are getting the better deal. Then they will shaft you.

The most sickening thing is the use of the word “Recruitment” in the title, when involvement with these people ends in anything but.

Sure they work well if you’re semi retired or looking for the odd day, or your usual work is seasonal. But there are lots of men with mortgages and young families who would jump at the chance of a start with most of the clients they work for, but end up getting strung along for sometimes years on end.

And come the quiet periods your out on your ear for weeks on end, no pension no sick pay no uniform not even a pair of gloves nothing. Does this happen anywhere else in Europe I doubt it. Could you see the French or the Germans putting up with such nonsense. I await a smartass who tells me they do!!!