Why keep switching my cab fridge off

This is the second time I,very come back from a few days holiday and some bell end has decided to switch my fridge off resulting in stinking milk. Why dose who ever had my unit feel the need to switch it off,the battery has never run flat because of it it’s a very quiet fridge so it won’t disturb you if your having a wee sleep so what’s the point other than to be a cu#t? Thankfully I only had milk and butter in it this time which would have kept fine in the fridge for 4 days. Last time I had to get rid of bacon sausages and milk. I just don’t understand why some people want to be a ■■■ for the fun of it

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Why didn’t you empty the fridge before you left?

You say the fridge is quiet, but you’ve probably got used to it.
Someone new to the unit may have disagreed with your opinion…

Next time I turn it off though, I’ll help you out and drink your milk first so it doesn’t go off mate! :wink:

Radar19:
Why didn’t you empty the fridge before you left?

Last time I was only off for 3 days so don’t see the need to empty everything out, it wouldn’t even bother me if who ever it was used some milk to make a brew but just wasting really ■■■■■■ me off

just saying - are you sure somebody switched it off . Some trucks will power down stuff after 24/48 hours if the ignition isn’t turned on .

beefy4605:
just saying - are you sure somebody switched it off . Some trucks will power down stuff after 24/48 hours if the ignition isn’t turned on .

There’s an on/off switch on the front of it and even when the cab power gos off the fridge stays on

When you’ve been off has it been in to work shop ?
I have an Actros and if the cab is tilted the fridge will switch off
Also what and how old is the truck ?

If I was you and knew others were using ‘my’ truck for the 3 or 4 days I’m off work I’d take everything out tbh. Luckily for me nobody uses ‘my’ truck when I’m off so it’s not an issue for me. :laughing:

graemem106:

beefy4605:

There’s an on/off switch on the front of it and even when the cab power gos off the fridge stays on

our volvos turn the cab fridge off if the ignition hasnt been turned for a certain time, the newest ones even turn the night heater off halfway through the night, all due to over eager energy saving/eco mode.

My night man kept turning off the fridge in the Actros I used to drive. Dug him up about it one night I seen him. He said he thought it was the air con he was switching off![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damoq:
My night man kept turning off the fridge in the Actros I used to drive. Dug him up about it one night I seen him. He said he thought it was the air con he was switching off![emoji23]

What a thicko , so the button marked A/C is for the rear view camera :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:

damoq:

What a thicko , so the button marked A/C is for the rear view camera :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

On the Actros, it was a switch on the dash with a snowflake icon on it. To be fair, I can see why he thought it was the air con switch.

damoq:

blue estate:

damoq:

On the Actros, it was a switch on the dash with a snowflake icon on it. To be fair, I can see why he thought it was the air con switch.

So he didn’t look at the button by the LCD display on the heater controls then ? That fridge switch is nowhere near heater controls

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

damoq:

blue estate:

damoq:

So he didn’t look at the button by the LCD display on the heater controls then ? That fridge switch is nowhere near heater controls

Given how flipping complicated the stereo is in an Actros, I’m not surprised he turned the fridge off by mistake.

Radar19:
Given how flipping complicated the stereo is in an Actros, I’m not surprised he turned the fridge off by mistake.

Lol
I got given an Actros once to go from Bellshill down to Normanton and I was well over the border before I figured out how to get a ■■■■■■■ cd on! :laughing:

The-Snowman:

Radar19:

Lol
I got given an Actros once to go from Bellshill down to Normanton and I was well over the border before I figured out how to get a [zb] cd on! :laughing:

You think that’s difficult? Just try ejecting a cd out of the dash! I’ve had the same bloody one playing for 2 years. :imp: :imp:

the maoster:

The-Snowman:

Radar19:

Lol
I got given an Actros once to go from Bellshill down to Normanton and I was well over the border before I figured out how to get a [zb] cd on! :laughing:

You think that’s difficult? Just try ejecting a cd out of the dash! I’ve had the same bloody one playing for 2 years. :imp: :imp:

Like some of the threads on this site [emoji6][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

nurglets:
our volvos turn the cab fridge off if the ignition hasnt been turned for a certain time, the newest ones even turn the night heater off halfway through the night, all due to over eager energy saving/eco mode.

Next time it’s in Volvo ask them to change the software to Living / live in mode. The battery doesn’t cut off for over 12hrs then

Most kit has voltage protection software now. A Volvo fridge will cut off if the volts drop below 22. I suppose it’s a good feature as a pint of milk is cheaper than a dealers jump start