Why is it.....

Some “professional” drivers out there feel the need to drive past layby’s blasting horns when other drivers are having there daily rest.

I doubt you’re on here but I wonder if the driver that has just done it to me where the m11 south leaves the a14 fancys a chat about it?

Joycey:
Some “professional” drivers out there feel the need to drive past layby’s blasting horns when other drivers are having there daily rest.

I doubt you’re on here but I wonder if the driver that has just done it to me where the m11 south leaves the a14 fancys a chat about it?

Lucky man if that is all you have in life to worry about :smiley:

Joycey:

Let it go !

Try sleeping on Calais Docks.
I did 20 years ago, never again.
Trucks moving all night long (not got a problem with that) but every one was at full throttle with about 10 gear changes & loads of braking. :imp:
Oh ! the Joy :unamused:

PS, wear ear plugs :wink:

Joycey:

Very rare i have to use a layby. But it happens all the time.
I’ll get em one day.

martinviking:
Try sleeping on Calais Docks.
I did 20 years ago, never again.
Trucks moving all night long (not got a problem with that) but every one was at full throttle with about 10 gear changes & loads of braking. :imp:
Oh ! the Joy :unamused:

PS, wear ear plugs :wink:

Had the same problem on Tilbury dock. Parked at the grain terminal and all I heard all night was the bloody train and a load of Nobheads driving the container wagons (Fieldings??) blasting their horns all night. Won’t sleep there again, only got about 3 hours!

Yeah but my point is why do it on purpose? I could understand If I had parked somewhere noisy by my own choice

Joycey:
Yeah but my point is why do it on purpose? I could understand If I had parked somewhere noisy by my own choice

see, what these professionals forget :open_mouth: when they get home and have THEIR hours off :unamused: along comes tired you next day, AND KILLS HIS FAMILY! :unamused: :bulb: :question: wake a driver up at your own PERIL! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Maybe your trailer was sticking out?
Maybe someone was snooping around and they were trying to let you know?
Maybe one of your rear doors had come loose and was flapping around into the carraigeway?

FarnboroughBoy11:
Maybe one of your rear doors had come loose and was flapping around into the carraigeway?

None of the above mate was about 2 metres from the road, doors were not open as I had a full load of eggs in cardboard boxes. It was a long layby with 3 trucks in including myself evenly spaced apart. Each truck got 2 blasts from this ■■■■■■■■ so was clearly deliberate.

Joycey:

FarnboroughBoy11:

None of the above mate was about 2 metres from the road, doors were not open as I had a full load of eggs in cardboard boxes. It was a long layby with 3 trucks in including myself evenly spaced apart. Each truck got 2 blasts from this [zb] so was clearly deliberate.

God knows then , very strange :laughing:

That has happened to me in the UK and Europe, it is deliberate, not sure why, in Portugal i would find a nice quiet spot to park up for the night in a small village, tacho out, in bed, nearly asleep, then all hell breaks lose, all the village dogs start barking all night, cockerels crying all night, it is like sleeping in a zoo.
As it was anologue tacho i had closed the mileage so could not move on to get some peace.

I would worry more about getting rammed up the arse at 56mph, or at the very least about getting shook violently while trying to sleep if I was daft enough to overnight in a bloody lay by :unamused:

I get both car and lorry drivers do it all the time, Hams Hall is a bad place for it. I just put it down to them being childish morons with less than two brain cells to rub together.

switchlogic:
I get both car and lorry drivers do it all the time, Hams Hall is a bad place for it. I just put it down to them being childish morons with less than two brain cells to rub together.

Or it might just be members of your fan club Luke ! :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously, how much of a waste of DNA would you have to be to do this.

I’d say most of it is misinterpreted and they’re probly tooting someone on the road though.

Do multi dropping around london in artic offten enough you will soon get to stage where you learn to ignore it :laughing:

Saying that not much wakes me up used to listening to fridge banging its ■■■■ off all night

I cant stand the sound of them big air horns these so call grown men put on their trucks then go round blasting it out for all to hear, normally when everyone is trying to sleep… I spose the problem with this job is that any idiot can do it so this is the sort of thing the rest of us have to put up with.

Silver_Surfer:

I’d say most of it is misinterpreted and they’re probly tooting someone on the road though.

I think so.

Silver_Surfer:

Used to park up around thurrock for the day and the local tipper lads would drive up and down all day long leaning on the horn.
No chance that they are beeping at their mates, this was a deliberate attempt to ■■■■ people off.
But thats maybe because of the colour of the wagons we were parked in… :unamused: