Why is it....

…that you do a tight as hell reverse with cars park either side inches either side but when you pull into the parking area of the services you cant do it :blush:
Its fair to say my reversing is getting better - the afore mentioned reverse, then a reverse round the back of the warehouse and got in one and dead straight ( :grimacing: ) and then parking it up in one hit :grimacing:

The bigger the crowd of drivers, the more you’ll effyouseekay it up, they always tend to group around really big spaces too so that you end up looking even more silly, they’re never around when you do that blind side up a dark alley in the rain though :wink:

i think when its tighter you tend to concentrate and be a little more careful as theres more obstuctions :wink:

newmercman:
The bigger the crowd of drivers, the more you’ll effyouseekay it up, they always tend to group around really big spaces too so that you end up looking even more silly, they’re never around when you do that blind side up a dark alley in the rain though :wink:

This is true :laughing:

Its like a permanent guide line with cars or whatever showing the way and it encourages shorter turns of the wheel whereas when you have loads of room you sometimes tend to use bigger turns of the wheel which can throw you tight or wide imo.

Used to worry about all this when I first got my license and thought people were watching but now I basically couldn`t give a toss so long as I am not tearing up verges, hitting obstacles or sweating like a pig does it really matter so long as I get there.

Just found out how the Dunstable driver used to reverse into DAF at Colnbrook - he reversed in off the main road and straight into the parts department!!
And there was me pulling in, swinging round into the truck holding area, reversing around the parked cars and trucks and into the parts department - still its giving me good practice at reversing in tight spots especially this morning with a trailer parked up where I needed to go, a couple of shunts forward and I got in :grimacing:
Its the same as my drop in Wembley, I need to go in forwards, reverse into a cash and carry entrance, go forwards and back upto to “goods inwards” :grimacing:
Oh and then theres the drop at DAF in Theale - quite straight forward going in as I pull up in front of the garage and reverse back down but going out is a bit different - sometimes its easy other times you have to contend with parked vans and brand new unregistered trucks or trucks waiting there turn to go into the garage :open_mouth: