Why I Still Love The Job

After 17 years, I still love the job. Here`s why.

Firstly, I dont like "work". I rarely do anything that could come within a million miles of being described as "work". A couple of times a day, I might have to open the trailer doors, or the curtains. But thats about it.

99% of my working week is spent sitting in the most comfortable seat I ever sit in, listening to a CD and watching beautiful scenery roll by.

Within the parameters of the job in hand, I start when I want to, I go by whatever route I want to, I stop for breakfast when I feel like it, if I want a cup of coffee, then I just pull up and make one. Hell, if it all gets too much, I can simply go back to bed. I take one to work with me!

I can smoke, I can ■■■■, I can scratch myself in embarassing places. (like Birmingham)

I have my work environment at the exact temperature I want it. Up to me, no-one else. On a cold day, I can wear jeans and my favourite baggy jumper. On a hot day, I can wear shorts, sandals and a cut-down T-shirt.

If I ever got grief from my boss, I could simply tell him to poke it. I would be up the road in someone elses truck 30 minutes later, he wouldnt have found a replacement for me a month later.

My booze and ■■■■ cost half the amount that everyone else pays.

Yessiree, it ain`t a bad life. Better than working for a living!

Vince

:smiley: Yep, a lot of truth in that Vince, it ain’t a bad life (says he with the “change of career?” thread :blush: )

Just need to rid the roads of all these other smaller vehicles getting in our way that appear to have nowhere to go and all day to do it. :smiley:

Brgds

Speedy

Speedy:
Just need to rid the roads of all these other smaller vehicles getting in our way that appear to have nowhere to go and all day to do it. :smiley:

Yep, all we need is Exocet Missile Launchers on the front grille, and a big red button on the dashboard, and the job would be perfect! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vince

WOW a cd player go on vince let me have a go :laughing:

Agree 100%

Fair play to you Vince, only yesterday I was thinking, jeez, Im gonna get paid for driving this about…theres cans in the fridge, bacca on the dash, nobody bugging me with petty boring zb and a cd player to boot! :slight_smile:

Mal.

Agree
Also your Boss wont wanna take the {edit} to much if you are away on the road, because… like a few guys I know just park it up and go home on the train and stuff them!