Why has this thread been locked?

And another. Why has this thread been locked?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=164957&start=90

I don’t want an answer to that question but an answer to my next one. The thread started off with a bit of banter and was allowed to run to 4 pages before all the standard keyboard operators jumped in with more school child rubbish.

Do the forum sponsors who pay for this site and the same businesses that you all kowtow down to simply want page views and clicks or sensible content about lorries, by drivers for drivers?

It really does feel like the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Wheel Nut:

I don’t want an answer to that question but an answer to my next one. The thread started off with a bit of banter and was allowed to run to 4 pages before all the standard keyboard operators jumped in with more school child rubbish.

Do the forum sponsors who pay for this site and the same businesses that you all kowtow down to simply want page views and clicks or sensible content about lorries, by drivers for drivers?

It really does feel like the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Hi Malc,

I’m looking at your word “allowed” if I’ve read your question correctly.

I know that you already know that the Mod/Admin Team are all volunteers etc etc, and that they all have lives etc etc as well as it’s not a 24/7 service.

There’s also a decision about whether something is banter or not, and not forgetting the old accusations made by some of “it’s a police state” or “we’ve been censored.” (Usually by the one(s) who caused the trouble :unamused: :unamused: )

Once it had gone beyond any doubt in my mind, I locked it for this very reason:

Wheel Nut:
…all the standard keyboard operators jumped in with more school child rubbish.

Everybody has different tolerances for stuff, so depending on somebody’s point of view, the Mod/Admin Team can be damned if they let it run and/or damned if they jump in too quick.

I think you have a fair point though, and maybe it all went too far.

:bulb: I’ll start sharpening my wing clippers!! :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

I reported it. It’s just the latest episode of the same ■■■■ that’s been happening for years by the same subset of members. They’re all in a gang together and when a certain username pops up they’re straight out with their pitchforks making wild and unfounded accusations of multiple usernames, trolling, baiting and other such nonsense whilst completely failing to see the irony of their actions. It’s been going on for years and every time it’s the same echo chamber and circle jerk of usernames all demanding that the mods “do something” when all they have do is simply ignore it and move on to the next thread, exactly as dieseldave has said in every thread. But they are too dumb so on and on it goes.

As I said in the report, the correct action should have been to immediately lock the thread at the first post with “sorry you feel that way, good luck in the future” and end it right there. It was clearly an attention seeking thread serving no purpose other than to get his fanboys to all wade in agree that whatever he was whining about needed something doing about it, and predictably, that’s exactly what happened.

The mods need to take a hard line on it and lock the threads as soon as it happens. Eventually the penny will drop that their contributions are not welcome and they will disappear back to Facebook where that kind of trash belongs.

R420:
The mods need to take a hard line on it and lock the threads as soon as it happens. Eventually the penny will drop that their contributions are not welcome and they will disappear back to Facebook where that kind of trash belongs.

Thanks R420,

Given the circumstances of the way it played out, we’ll certainly take this excellent observation on board.

It was actually the ‘tara’ thread I was referring to. This one being argued about is fresh one that had popped up since. It’s a wonder you can keep up with it all. As evidenced quite clearly in this thread, there are a number of prolific posters who take great delight in using their regular forum presence to play the victim but when you scratch beneath the surface it quickly becomes apparent that they were the perpetrators that kicked it off. It’s quite tragic just how transparent it all is.

I’m confused here. I just made a reply to your post, but it’s now appeared at the bottom of the ‘other’ thread. :astonished: I think the mods have had one too many alcoholic beverages. :smiley: Anyway I’ve said my tuppenceworth.

R420:
I’m confused here. I just made a reply to your post, but it’s now appeared at the bottom of the ‘other’ thread. :astonished: I think the mods have had one too many alcoholic beverages. :smiley: Anyway I’ve said my tuppenceworth.

Hi R420,

Thanks for pointing that out, I’ve just fixed it.

As to the cause of my error, I’m a >40yrs teetotaller so I couldn’t use booze as an excuse!!